Possible new FZ6 owner...

TxAg2015

Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy!

I'm looking to buy a new bike and I've found an '07 FZ6 for sale that I'm pretty strongly considering. I've ridden a Ninja 500 for about 2.5 years now and I've put a little over 22,000 miles on it. I do a lot of long distance riding as well as making pretty much all my errands/commutes/short trips on the bike, rain or shine, hot or cold. I've been wanting something with a little more modern design (although my Ninja is an '06, the design has been unchanged since 1994), particularly something that's at least fuel injected. I've liked the FZ6 ever since I saw one around campus a couple of years ago. I had been looking a lot at the new FJ-09, but I think that will have to wait for a little while before it's in the budget. Anyway, it looks likely that I will be an FZ6 owner in the near future, so I hope to stick around!

Last edited:
The beauty of the FZ6 is it's versatility. You can use it to commute, do errands, and carve the canyons up. The power will be more than enough coming for a 250. The powerband is higher than your Ninja. The FZ really kicks at 6K and up. Very comfortable seating position too. Enjoy! And :welcome:

Howdy!

I'm looking to buy a new bike and I've found an '08 FZ6 for sale that I'm pretty strongly considering. I've ridden a Ninja 500 for about 2.5 years now and I've put a little over 22,000 miles on it. I do a lot of long distance riding as well as making pretty much all my errands/commutes/short trips on the bike, rain or shine, hot or cold. I've been wanting something with a little more modern design (although my Ninja is an '06, the design has been unchanged since 1994), particularly something that's at least fuel injected. I've liked the FZ6 ever since I saw one around campus a couple of years ago. I had been looking a lot at the new FJ-09, but I think that will have to wait for a little while before it's in the budget. Anyway, it looks likely that I will be an FZ6 owner in the near future, so I hope to stick around!

Welcome to the forum,
FZ6 is a swiss army knife of motorcycles.
I use it to fetch some basic groceries, travel to office, run it for track days, enjoy time with my buddies on mountain run, gets 45+ mpg, very reliable and it is very strong.
Can go enough speeds and hard to put it under the speed limit for me, once I get on to the interstate. ;)

Wish you very good luck with your purchase.

Here is one available :)

http://www.600riders.com/forum/sell-your-bike-car-truck/54119-2008-yamaha-fz6-mint-condition.html

Last edited:
Can't go wrong - like has been said, this bike is a jack of all trades and the thing about that is - it actually does everything pretty darn good!

Back