Power Commander 5

discovery

Reaction score
Visit site
Can anyone tell me,why is the power commander 5 listed only for 2009. FZ6?

Why can't it be connected to a 2007. or 2008. S2 model?

Is there so big difference in connectors,or what is it?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Probably because it was never tested on one. But the manufacturer might have some new answer to that because this was a question on this forum in the past.
A search might yield some more answers.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Probably because it was never tested on one. But the manufacturer might have some new answer to that because this was a question on this forum in the past.
A search might yield some more answers.

That's correct, and DynoJet didn't develop a map for the '09+. The PCV will work fine on '07's+. You'll need to get a map made anyway so the PCV is a better option. The FZ1 is the same too, they have the PCIII for '06 to '08, then the PCV for the '09+.

discovery

Reaction score
Visit site
I have had a PC-V on my 2006 for about 8,000 miles. All good.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using tapatalk.

did you make a custom map?

The good thing for PCV is that I can use Autotune module With it,and that sounds lilka a really good combination to me :)

:thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
did you make a custom map?

The good thing for PCV is that I can use Autotune module With it,and that sounds lilka a really good combination to me :)

:thumbup:

Skip the autotune, it's terrible. A number of people, on a variety of bikes have tried to make that thing work and ended up in the nut house. Instead of spending the money on the autotune, spend it on a custom map.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Skip the autotune, it's terrible. A number of people, on a variety of bikes have tried to make that thing work and ended up in the nut house. Instead of spending the money on the autotune, spend it on a custom map.

Agreed.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using tapatalk.

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

+1

I bit on the Autotune when I bought my PCV. I'm a sucker for gadgets and love to play with them. I immediately had to send it back in to DynoJet for a firmware tweak because of our batched injectors. It works "fine" now, but the adjustments on it vary a lot more than I feel appropriate and my map that it has made is way off from the original aftermarket can map that was recommended.

I think the best use for it is if you get a solid custom map, run it to adjust to environmental changes. The whole accept trim thing gets out of whack pretty quick IMHO.

I'll be searching for a good Tuner in my area this summer when I have some free time.

Scorp