Pre-Conversion questions

Masamune

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello friends, I am in the middle of converting my FZ6 into a streetfighter. I would've preferred it to be as simple as ordering a single headlight, and combining the wires, however from what I understand. that will not work: lo beams = no lights/hi beams = hi and lo will be on, causing excess heat. Or has there been an easier mod than the one that requires an extra pin?

Does anyone have any advice or leads?

I am currently looking into something like this

Again, I'd prefer a single headlight so if anyone could provide some advice or leads that'd be great, but a vertically stacked dual headlight (like this one) seems my best option right now. Thanks again :)

(side note: the bulbs mine came with included a little spinning fan on the back, is it possible that if I were to wire the hi and lo beams to a single connector, that I wouldn't have issues on the hi setting?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Since this is your first post , :welcome: to our great forum!

That stacked vertical dual headlamp assembly is using 2 separate 55 watt lamps. This means that there are not 2 filaments burning in on same envelope/bulb. You would not need to modify the switching on the FZ6. The black with green tracer goes to the top light and the black with a yellow tracer goes to the lower lamp. both negatives go to the black wires.

I believe those units have a running light, You will find a lighter gauge blue wire or a blue with red tracer wire with either, right or left direction wire assembly. Those wires(blues) and of course black wire ground, will supply your running light voltages.

Remember when you test the lights the engine must be started first to engage the headlamp relay.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

That stacked vertical dual headlamp assembly is using 2 separate 55 watt lamps. This means that there are not 2 filaments burning in on same envelope/bulb. You would not need to modify the switching on the FZ6. The black with green tracer goes to the top light and the black with a yellow tracer goes to the lower lamp. both negatives go to the black wires.

I believe those units have a running light, You will find a lighter gauge blue wire or a blue with red tracer wire with either, right or left direction wire assembly. Those wires(blues) and of course black wire ground, will supply your running light voltages.

Remember when you test the lights the engine must be started first to engage the headlamp relay.

Cheers to the Mod who has the schematic layout and colors stuck in his head and can type that ^^^^ without referencing said schematic! :thumbup:

Thanks Cliff!

Masamune

Reaction score
Visit site

Wow, that was amazing. Thank you for that amazing reply and hello! I never really post on forums anywhere but this is my first in about... 7 years I think haha.
One more question, those bulbs use halogan H3. Could I replace them with HB3 LED bulbs? such as these

If so, I shall place an order for them and expect pics of my streetfighter conversion in about a month!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, that was amazing. Thank you for that amazing reply and hello! I never really post on forums anywhere but this is my first in about... 7 years I think haha.
One more question, those bulbs use halogan H3. Could I replace them with HB3 LED bulbs? such as these

If so, I shall place an order for them and expect pics of my streetfighter conversion in about a month!
If the LED equivalent will fit at the back of your assembly. You'll need extra room because the LED has a cooling fan.

Sent from Moto's Motorola

Masamune

Reaction score
Visit site
Here we go guys, here's my 06' Streetfighter.

Thanks for all your help! And any questions or comments, please feel free to voice em :)

DSC_0601-picsay.jpg
DSC_0602-picsay.jpg

Masamune

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes I did! The fans were a bit big though so the seal won't go on all the way but that's not an issue at the moment. I am looking into making some plastic seals to replace them with. As well as another way to mount my speedo, I'm nervous only having it mounted onto one clamp.

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As well as another way to mount my speedo, I'm nervous only having it mounted onto one clamp.

Looks great. My speedo is also mounted with the single bracket. I'd like to make a second bracket to keep it from shaking and moving. I'm thinking a V shapped bracket from the bottom of the speedo to something at the headlight.

Masamune

Reaction score
Visit site
I was considering that too, there's just not enough space on the bars for the speedo to mount haha. I was looking into something that could mount from the two things that hold the bars. I'm not sure what they're called.

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was considering that too, there's just not enough space on the bars for the speedo to mount haha. I was looking into something that could mount from the two things that hold the bars. I'm not sure what they're called.

The bar clamps. That has been done. Search the forum and you will find photo's of that type of speedo bracket/clamp.