Pure One Oil Filter Limited time offer $1

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
I took this from another site. Havent tried it but i know a lot of you guys buy this filter. Stock up on four oil changes for $4 :rockon:

Deal:
Advanced Auto Parts has all their PureONEoil filters(under $11.99 reg price) on sale for $5 each.

These are rated as one of the top oil filters by many different reviewers and they are MADE IN THE USA!!!

If the store you are trying to get them from does not have (4) of the ones you need for pick-up, you can search again for the item number and add more to your cart as a separate item, then select a different store for pick-up on those. This way you can get your (4) total.

Rebate:
They also have a $3 off per filter mail in rebate with a limit of 4 per house hold here:

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/wc...t/image/purolator-oil-filters-rebate-form.pdf

View attachment 682068

Coupon:
If you go with an order of (4) the best coupon to use would be P20 for 20% off
There also is cash back available from other sites to make the deal even sweeter. I was able to get an additional 6% CB

Math:
(4)Filters x $5 = $20
$20 – 20%(P20 Coupon) = $16
$16 - $12(Rebates) = $4 for (4) filters or $1 each + tax

Enjoy!
:woot:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info thats the one i use and will be going today to pick a few up

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice find! I bought 6 Pure One filters a couple weeks back from them for $3.50/filter after 40% off coupon...beats the $6/filter you pay at the local parts store.

NC-Tony

Reaction score
Visit site
I was on Purelators web site and they don't suggest you use the pure one in a motorcycle application, but to use there motorcycle filters only. Has anyone had a issue? I get the Yamaha(denso) oem filters for $7 bucks shipped so i'll just stick with those.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I was on Purelators web site and they don't suggest you use the pure one in a motorcycle application, but to use there motorcycle filters only. Has anyone had a issue? I get the Yamaha(denso) oem filters for $7 bucks shipped so i'll just stick with those.

Thats been brought up before in other post but basicly its just them covering their buts incase something happens you cant sue them

D

Dave.TX

This is a standard size filter that happens to fit just about every Japanese motorcycle. Purolator may claim it's not for use on a motorcycle but folks have been using it for years to great success. PureOne filters are the best you can get, followed by Mobil1 and a few others. There have been many folks that have done the research to come to the same conclusion. If you want to buy a Yamaha filter go ahead and I'm sure your bike will run for years. Those that took the time to do the research are satisfied with the results that PureOne filters are always the hands down winner in filtration.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
This is a standard size filter that happens to fit just about every Japanese motorcycle. Purolator may claim it's not for use on a motorcycle but folks have been using it for years to great success. PureOne filters are the best you can get, followed by Mobil1 and a few others. There have been many folks that have done the research to come to the same conclusion. If you want to buy a Yamaha filter go ahead and I'm sure your bike will run for years. Those that took the time to do the research are satisfied with the results that PureOne filters are always the hands down winner in filtration.

Funny enough thats why they say not to.use them on bikes they claim they filter to good and cause a drop in oil pressure in some bikes....never herd of something being bad because its good lol

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Funny enough thats why they say not to.use them on bikes they claim they filter to good and cause a drop in oil pressure in some bikes....never herd of something being bad because its good lol

That was my thinking for their reasoning as well.

The good thing is Pure One's come in two sizes that fit the FZ6

PL14612 or PL14610. The PL14610 is about 3/4" longer than the other one and therefor has more filtering capacity which would cause it to be less restrictive to oil pressure.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
That was my thinking for their reasoning as well.

The good thing is Pure One's come in two sizes that fit the FZ6

PL14612 or PL14610. The PL14610 is about 3/4" longer than the other one and therefor has more filtering capacity which would cause it to be less restrictive to oil pressure.

Ya i always get the bigger one because of it being able to handle more volume, plus it seems to me because of that it should also help to be able to run longer between oil changes

LCR

Reaction score
Visit site
I will say that before I tired Amsoil Filters on my truck I loved the Purone. In motorcycle applications motorcycles don't have the ability to pump oil through the filter media fast enough and it puts stress on the oil system and pumps. BS right? well not really it does hold some value but personally I've never seen a bike with issues from using it. Does that mean it can't/won't happen? It very well possibly could, but I can't see the filter being the only factor if a failure occurred.

AVOID THERE MOTORCYLE FILTERS I say this because everything we all love about the pure no longer applies to the moto specific one. They don't use the same filter media, they ARE NOT made in the USA, and they aren't even made by the same company(contracted out)

If you can't/don't/won't use an Amsoil filter than the Pure than I would reccomend WIX or the Pureone

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
AVOID THERE MOTORCYLE FILTERS I say this because everything we all love about the pure no longer applies to the moto specific one. They don't use the same filter media, they ARE NOT made in the USA, and they aren't even made by the same company(contracted out)

Most of our bikes are not made in the USA and there are different contracts out sourcing things like brakes or other parts. That doesn't negate the quality or performance of the bike or it parts.

Marketing and science are so far apart and I guess that's why oil/oil filter threads can get so out of hand.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I will say that before I tired Amsoil Filters on my truck I loved the Purone. In motorcycle applications motorcycles don't have the ability to pump oil through the filter media fast enough and it puts stress on the oil system and pumps. BS right? well not really it does hold some value but personally I've never seen a bike with issues from using it. Does that mean it can't/won't happen? It very well possibly could, but I can't see the filter being the only factor if a failure occurred.

If you can't/don't/won't use an Amsoil filter than the Pure than I would reccomend WIX or the Pureone

Wow you are really spamming up the forum with your amsoil lol. :rolleyes:

As for the pure one filters they are top quality, I will stick with those and save my $ instead of flushing it down the toilet with overpriced oil filters. I do not recall any fz6's blowing up from using pure one filters so I think it is safe to say they are good.

Oil Filters Revealed - MiniMopar Resources

LCR

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow you are really spamming up the forum with your amsoil lol. :rolleyes:

As for the pure one filters they are top quality, I will stick with those and save my $ instead of flushing it down the toilet with overpriced oil filters. I do not recall any fz6's blowing up from using pure one filters so I think it is safe to say they are good.

Oil Filters Revealed - MiniMopar Resources

Haha, Read closely I never said anything about Amsoil filters in here about any kind of motorcycle. And never once stated anything about Amsoil at all except for my Truck.

Again I recommended not using a pureone in case you just happened to "be the one" who blew an engine. Although I've never heard of one blowing either :thumbup:
I DID state NOT to use the motorcycle filters they sell cause they are nothing like the auto filters (not even made in USA)

In all honesty I don't care either way if someone buys Amsoil, what I do care about is people choosing what they use based on facts, independent testing, and people who stand behind the product.

If Amsoil isn't best for someone I'll help them find what is best. Hell I use Wix filters in my car because that just so happens to be whats best for my application.

LCR

Reaction score
Visit site
And I didn't see that you added that like in this thread also. NONE of those filters were actually tested. They were all from the 90's(old technology) with some updated as late as 2008. But again none were tested. Just cause something looks good/bad doesn't mean it performs good/bad.

The pureone had is usually a densely packed media fiber, with a large amount of said media packed into the can. "The potential issue is that this filter element is compressed into even more pleats. This may restrict flow more than it helps relieve it."

Again it is a great filter but it does have its down sides on how it performs all of that

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That is strange, every post you have made on this forum has been about amsoil lol.

For all we know you are a Nigerian Prince with one billion dollars you need to transfer to our checking accounts if we can be kind enough to give you our social security numbers first. I also like the little comments you throw in all your posts regarding the possible "issues" one may have using a non-amsoil product. Classic tactic by a "snake oil" salesman, scare your "customers" or place doubts in their minds so they buy your magic elixir lol.

And I didn't see that you added that like in this thread also. NONE of those filters were actually tested. They were all from the 90's(old technology) with some updated as late as 2008. But again none were tested. Just cause something looks good/bad doesn't mean it performs good/bad.

The pureone had is usually a densely packed media fiber, with a large amount of said media packed into the can. "The potential issue is that this filter element is compressed into even more pleats. This may restrict flow more than it helps relieve it."

Again it is a great filter but it does have its down sides on how it performs all of that

LCR

Reaction score
Visit site
There is a possible issue of your bike blowing up using Amsoil oil and filter I'll admit that. The law of large numbers dictates that. However If it happens Amsoil will back up it's product and word. Purolator has already said it won't.

If I could get Gold filters for $1 I'd be tempted to try it on a friends bike(there are no Purolator gold filters that fit any of mine)

I can't speak specifically for the FZ but with the R6s I've seen at the track running the Pure there have been issues of low oil pressure, switched out the filters for OEM and the issues went away. Again this is not an FZ but a race bike R6 on a race track. It was 2 bikes out of how many R6s made? so I'm not saying that Amsoil is the panacea, what im saying is that the gold model Purolator may not be thee best choice. FZs aren't running 100+hp at 14KRPM so I will agree that if I had to put it on one or the other I would choose the FZ

But hey, even the site you posted with the oil filters stated that it could cause flow issues, so your kinda shooting yourself in the foot there man. Never run them on my bikes cause I can't therefore I have no one on one experience. Only what bikes I've helped work on.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
FWIW, 72,000 miles on Purolater Ones. Opps, scratch the first 600 miles as it was the stock filter.

It use to come in the nice Yamaha Blue color, matching the bike, but they changed to the god awful ugly yellow. But I just spray black paint over the filter the night before install.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There is a possible issue of your bike blowing up using Amsoil oil and filter I'll admit that. The law of large numbers dictates that. However If it happens Amsoil will back up it's product and word. Purolator has already said it won't.

If I could get Gold filters for $1 I'd be tempted to try it on a friends bike(there are no Purolator gold filters that fit any of mine)

I can't speak specifically for the FZ but with the R6s I've seen at the track running the Pure there have been issues of low oil pressure, switched out the filters for OEM and the issues went away. Again this is not an FZ but a race bike R6 on a race track. It was 2 bikes out of how many R6s made? so I'm not saying that Amsoil is the panacea, what im saying is that the gold model Purolator may not be thee best choice. FZs aren't running 100+hp at 14KRPM so I will agree that if I had to put it on one or the other I would choose the FZ

But hey, even the site you posted with the oil filters stated that it could cause flow issues, so your kinda shooting yourself in the foot there man. Never run them on my bikes cause I can't therefore I have no one on one experience. Only what bikes I've helped work on.

lol i have not heard of a fz6 yet that has blown up because they used a non amsoil filter on here. i will keep using them with zero fear of it hurting the bike. i still think it is a little shady to try to scare people into using amsoil filters. i havent had any issues with any car i have owned or anyone in my family, none of us use amsoil.