Question for buell owners/wreckers (sliders)

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I met a guy the other day on a real nice Ully which was a bike that I used to drool over and we had a little conversation. While talking we got on the subject of frame sliders, his vs mine View attachment 43765 he had sliders almost identical to these but I think they were a little bigger. Although he had luckily never had to try his out as we were talking I mentioned to him about how some of the fz6's can actually break the frame in a fall/slide and he asked if anyone has ever tried any like his. I did a little searching and found nothing, but it seems like with very little work that type of slider could be made to fit the fz6 frame. So my question for someone with some buell expierence is what do you think? Could they work? Would they work?

I personally dont see why they wouldn't and think they would be a much better option vs traditional sliders, that's IF they actually stick out far enough to offer protection.

I met a guy the other day on a real nice Ully which was a bike that I used to drool over and we had a little conversation. While talking we got on the subject of frame sliders, his vs mine View attachment 43765 he had sliders almost identical to these but I think they were a little bigger. Although he had luckily never had to try his out as we were talking I mentioned to him about how some of the fz6's can actually break the frame in a fall/slide and he asked if anyone has ever tried any like his. I did a little searching and found nothing, but it seems like with very little work that type of slider could be made to fit the fz6 frame. So my question for someone with some buell expierence is what do you think? Could they work? Would they work?

I personally dont see why they wouldn't and think they would be a much better option vs traditional sliders, that's IF they actually stick out far enough to offer protection.

With how far the FZ engine sticks out from the frame, I don't think a slider like that would work. It'd have to be REALLY long, which is why the sliders that currently exist are as long as they are.

Is the Ully a twin? That makes life easier with a narrower engine, and affords that ability. The I4 takes up more horizontal space.

True, and yes the Ulysses is a twin. That's the only thing I would think that would hold it back from working right, I didn't pay to much attention to it at the time to notice about how far it actually sticks out but if it did I think it would work great. I might try to find out some dimensions on it later on tonight to get a better idea.

Back