Quick Newb Question.

WeeShoo

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Guys, laid my '07 FZ6 down on the pavement tonight @ around 30mph, destroyed the upper cowling, decided i'm going to do the FZ1N headlight conversion, but I searched and searched and could not find whether or not I can continue to use the Speedometer that comes stock on my 2007 FZ6...

Thanks!!!

- Clint

Confirmed - I did this mod, and you have to re-use the speedo. The kit ships with a back cover for it.

i have nothing to add other than to say... sorry to hear about that. i'm assuming you're ok since you didn't go into any details about your injuries.

Yeah im fine, bike crushed my right leg, pulled some muscles, and like an idiot was only wearing a polo shirt, bad road rash. Lesson learned.

Like nearly any mod, you can almost always find a way to utilize whatever part you are interested in whether stock or aftermarket its really a matter of how easy it is. Typically responders can't know unless you are able to characterize your abilities in basic maintenance skills.

The naked kit means you aren't using your front fairing bracket stay which is a part of your speedo mount meaning you are remounting your speedo but it can still be used.

Back