Quick-Pull Throttle?

ready2goriding

Reaction score
Visit site
Is anyone aware of a faster opening throttle for the FZ? My throttle cables are adjusted correctly, but my throttle has to rotate over 1/2 turn to reach wide open. Can't find any info on this- maybe a racing style throttle? :confused:

Yes, I'm know how silly this has to sound...:spank:

thanks, doug

I think some bikes(like the R6) have a different throttle tube with a shorter throw.

I've never had a problem on the FZ6.
If you know you're going full throttle, you should be adjusting your wrist before you grab the throttle.

Is anyone aware of a faster opening throttle for the FZ? My throttle cables are adjusted correctly, but my throttle has to rotate over 1/2 turn to reach wide open. Can't find any info on this- maybe a racing style throttle? :confused:

Yes, I'm know how silly this has to sound...:spank:

thanks, doug

You mind double checking that. I havent seen a 1/2 turn throttle in a long time, if I ever have. Most, if I am not mistaken, are 90 degrees.

But if you would like to change the response of the bike, there are different throttle tubes available that will change the cam profile of the tube making the throttle response stronger it certain areas. Not sure if there is anything available for our bike specifically, but you might could make something work off a MX bike.

-bryan

You mind double checking that. I havent seen a 1/2 turn throttle in a long time, if I ever have. Most, if I am not mistaken, are 90 degrees.

But if you would like to change the response of the bike, there are different throttle tubes available that will change the cam profile of the tube making the throttle response stronger it certain areas. Not sure if there is anything available for our bike specifically, but you might could make something work off a MX bike.

-bryan

I just checked- is 90 degree. I do not go wide open
much, but it seems a long distance to travel to me. My other bikes are 90 degrees as well. I may play with this... If I find something useful, I will report!
Thank you, doug

Back