Quick Tire Poll

Which Tire have you gotten the best millage out of???

• Sportec M3 Supersport

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Battlax BT-014

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Battlax BT-015

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Battlax BT-016

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Conti Sport Attack

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Michelin Pilot Road

Votes: 50 75.8%

• Total voters

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You haven't listed the BT021?
Which has given me 3000 miles more wear on the rear than the BT014.
Which for the type of riding I do is pennies well spent.

Nelly

Gcontroller

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a few pics of my current front Michelin Pilot Road 2 front tire with 16,677 miles. Almost down to the wear bars. I love these tires worth the price excellent commuter, weekend canyon run, and touring tire. Remember these numbers are in miles not KM's

762895629_sXR2r-L.jpg

762895989_q4v9h-L.jpg

762895769_gZt9g-L.jpg

Here is a pic of my current Michelin Pilot Road 2 rear tire with 5,017 miles. If I remember correctly got around 13,000 our of my last Pilot Road 2 before another nail ended it's life a bit early. There is a pic on this site of it somewhere.

762895928_SEbyE-L.jpg

Last edited:

impheatus81

Reaction score
Visit site
hihi people

please help me on this

anyone of you try michelin pilot road 2 on your fz6 ?

any review ?

i am thinking of getting a pair of this

Fz6Daveg

Reaction score
Visit site
Why isn't the Dunlop Roadsmart Tyre on the Poll list ??

I have 17,500 miles on my new set and the rear is not yet on the warning bars.

The front will easily do another 2 to 3000 miles yet

Fantastic tyre :thumbup:

Unseen

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Dunlop Roadsmarts, very happy with them :thumbup:

Center part is harder which is useful for highway trips, sides are softer and have more grip. It's also very good in the wet.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
hihi people

please help me on this

anyone of you try michelin pilot road 2 on your fz6 ?

any review ?

i am thinking of getting a pair of this

The poll says it all. Get the Pilot 2's, they stick like glue, great in the rain and will out last any other tire out there.

My FJR is real hard on tires due to 145 hp, long rides at high speeds and pushing hard in the twistys. I've run most other brands over the years and have never gotten more than 5k miles out of a rear. I get at least 7,500 mile out of the PR2. No other tire will come close to that.
IMHO the PR2 is just the best (many other FJR owners agree with me on that one)

Ridgerunner1061

Reaction score
Visit site
I am using Power Pilot 2ct's. These are awesome tires. I have only 50 miles on the tires but they are so much better than the old tires I ran.

Ran Metzlers Road Tec last year. They were fine for the freeway and sucked in the mountains. Since most of my riding is the mountains I needed a tire that could corner like it was on rails.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
my friends all tell me the 16 is good only as a dry tire you hit any rain and it doesn't like it at all ...

I hardly ever ride in the rain (Live in San Diego) and if I did I prolly wouldn't go hard on any tire when it's wet. When it's wet you don't know where or what you might hit on public roads.
I can tell you I just switched over to the BT-016's two weeks ago and they are great! Don't expect near as good miles as my BT-021's but in the turns??? :rockon:

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
I hate when that happens! I just replaced my back tire, (with only 843 miles on it), due to a big, bad, sheetmetal screw that went in on it's side!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have used Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's, Michelin Pilot RFoad 2CT's, Conti Sport Attack's, Brigdestone 002, 003's, Dunlop Qualifier RR's on my FZ6...

The best i have found for everyday, wet & dry riding, with a bit of Sports riding involved....The Michelin Road Pliot 2ct's....got just over 10000km's out of them, they wore perfectly till the end (maintain tyre pressures)!

Best Sports Tyre by a fair way too...the Bridgestone 002, 003's....grip like poop to a blanket...but dont last very long at all...a real track tyre for a road bike.

:thumbup:

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I only had the stock dunlops on for about 5000km? and they were already on about 1 mm..and they sucked, slippery on wet roads.

Currently 3500km's on my pilot road 2's, love em, more grip in dry&wet conditions..

Exactly what he said for me too.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Really unfair comparison. All except the PR2s are in a different category. You're comparing a "road" tire with "sport" tires.
For example, the BT21 and the Conti Road attack is in the same category as the PR2. If you wanted to compare the Michelins you should put the Pilot Power on there.

sabre

Reaction score
Visit site
I have 15,000 miles on my rear Pilot Road and it is due for replacement. It does a goode job in all weather conditions too. I will be replacing with the same tire, or perhaps the Road 2.