R6 fork mod spacers!!! who wants them!!!

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ok.. so just in the spirit of the start of the season (for us in the north east)..and because i really enjoy this forum and all of the insight, noise making, and other debotchery that goes on here.. i have a plan.. i may be no engineer.. and might suck at spelling.. but i have figured it out. due to the poor poor us economy.. and im sure you have all seen the post about the dismal sales for bikes.. and since youve read this far..

i have the solution!!! email me if you want to spend some time in a good will gesture. i have the original sharkbait (i think thats who came up with them) r6 fork master cad files. i believe that most machine shops will be looking for work.. so my plan is to get a group buy going to have some of these mass produced by a good company at a reasonable (hope for cheap) rate. i think if we pool together we could make this happen. so anyone who wants to participate. shoot me an email @ [email protected] , and i will send you all the files and master cad files i have. many people have already gotten them so to everyone who wants in, go to a machine shop and get some quotes. we can discuss what we find on here and set up a group buy, maybe even get the shop to drop ship them for us.. this way someone is bound to find a shop who wants to make some money and will make a whole lot for us here on the forum. im sure there are a number of people who want to get this mod done..

and since whats the sence of having the spacers cheap if we cant find the forks cheap. sooo.. i happen to have to call yamaha motor corp in california for work related purposes. anyone else here on the forum that has contacts, start calling.. im sure with the down turn they are not against liquidating (sort of right) some extra parts that they have in their warehouses.. or maybe they have parts suppliers that would like to sell a whole bunch of new parts for dirt cheap. buying power my friends.. but people that know people.. get on it as well.. im going to do my part, but if we want this to work then we all have to be in it together..

thus if yamaha sees a whole bunch of people dedicated to the fz6, maybe they will realize it and keep it around for a while... whos in??? :thumbup:

Last edited:
i dont have R6 forks.. so i dont think i need the spacers... but i work in a machine shop (sheetmetal, not milling) but my wifes uncle owns a rather large 'machine shop' milling and lathes and such... so i got the 'in' covered

his shop is
www.sumatechusa.com
(looks amateur, but i asssure you they are not, they do 99% gov work, but with my wifes ungle being the owner, and my wifes dad being the 2nd in charge, im sure i could pull a few strings :thumbup:)

Last edited:
yea.. find out.. im have to call yamaha for work today so im going to try to get to the botom of how to get some parts direct..

You're not going to get the actual forks directly for cheap.
It's not like they have millions in a warehouse that they're trying to get rid of.
They're still using that model of fork for their current R6S model.
Which is good because they're still making them, but there's no reason for them to sell them for less.

Is this just for the spacers, or the fender mounts also? You can use washers for spacers (cheap too) but the fender mounts is the problem I have run into. Lets get a run of those made (hell I will pay for a few sets and sell them at cost + shipping to everyone who needs them.) so I don't have to rig up my own.

LERecords: do you have the drawing for the fender mounts? If so get them to Yamahamaxedrpms and see what we can do for pricing.

i have the 3 pictures that were posted on the site, and the master cad files from sharkbait.. i can send them out to whoever wants to try to get a quote for us. shoot me an email @ [email protected] and ill send them to you.

as for the forks, i understand they are still using them on the r6s, but what is not to say that they might have a bunch left around that they might not be against selling. if not yamaha direct, maybe one of the distruibution houses for yamaha parts.. i dunno.. but figured there has to be other people here that can get some info on how to set up a group buy. never hurts to ask right :)..

as for the files, i dont mind passing them around, but wonder if we could get the admin to host the file here for anyone that wants them..

sent you an e-mail.

No one is making the fender brackets anymore.....so if anyone is interested, let me know so I can get a feeler for how many I will have made up. :thumbup:

yea, but get a qoute for the spacers to.. if there is enough people and the quote is low enough, then we can all get spacers :)

I got a set of the fender brackets that Ryank made up. He sent along a drawing of the part. I'm not sure if it's something that a machine shop could use to churn out more, but I'll scan it and send it to anyone who's interested.

The only thing that was fuzzy about the ryank brackets -- for me -- was whether they'll work to fit my '06 fender on my r6 forks, or if they will only work to fit an '07 fender. I just don't know if the two fenders are different where it matters and just haven't gotten around to fitting all the bits yet. I'm still waiting as I figured I'd need the axle and brake spacers.

For the axle and brake spacers you can buy washers from McMaster-carr. The actual part numbers are on this and the "other" forum somewhere. I think it will be cheaper that way. And if you need the brake spacers....just let me know as you have to buy a bag of them which is like 50 washers and you only need between 4 and 8.

i think how we should set this up is to secure the wheel spacers, tehn i can get a quote from mc-master to get a whole bunch of the correct washers (unless someone else has a bunch) and we can corodinate on shipping.. this is all pending that someone can find a good source for the forks... im working on that tommarow and will let everyone know what i find from my end..

I don't know all of the trade-offs involved between the McMaster-Carr washers vs. machined spacers, but I would be in for a set of the brackets for the 07+ fender.

i think how we should set this up is to secure the wheel spacers, tehn i can get a quote from mc-master to get a whole bunch of the correct washers (unless someone else has a bunch) and we can corodinate on shipping.. this is all pending that someone can find a good source for the forks... im working on that tommarow and will let everyone know what i find from my end..

I don't know how much cheaper they would sell the washers.....they are not real expensive so........

I don't know all of the trade-offs involved between the McMaster-Carr washers vs. machined spacers, but I would be in for a set of the brackets for the 07+ fender.

if installed correctly there should be no problem using washer as spacers. Does the same thing.

well.. hopefully we can put this all together soon so that all the parts will be available to anyone who wants them.. world wide shipping is what im aiming for..

Back