Racetech fork springs which spring rate

spunant

Reaction score
Visit site
I've just fitted an Ohlins shock to the rear and now want to upgrade the front forks and am thinking of putting in heavier springs,either racetech or ohlins.
But I'm not sure what spring rate would suit me,I weigh 150 (75 kgs).
The bike is for the track only.Any suggestions?

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Someone wanted to know what the standard spring rate was,
I believe it's a .8

It's a dual rate spring... not sure what the values are for each part, but the initial travel is very 'soft' due to the lower rate of the two. That's why there is so much fork dive with the OEM springs.

Single rate springs with a proper value for your weight and riding style will be much better.

spunant

Reaction score
Visit site
Spunant I would like to know once you get the new springs in it do you feel that it could use a fork emulator kit as well?

Well I decided to go ahead and order the emulators as well.Although I'm not 100% sure what they are or what they do, I was assured that I'd be happy that I did.

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I decided to go ahead and order the emulators as well.Although I'm not 100% sure what they are or what they do, I was assured that I'd be happy that I did.

here is a copy and past from the Race Tech web site

Gold Valve Cartridge Emulators
(for damping rod forks)
Damping rod forks are notorious for being both too harsh and too easy to bottom. This is the nature of damping rod fixed orifice forks. Until now, all you could do is change spring rate, oil viscosity and damping hole size. The best available was a serious compromise.

The Gold Valve Cartridge Emulator is another one of the outstanding inventions from Race Tech’s Paul Thede. Simply put; Emulators make damping rod forks perform like well-tuned cartridge forks. Emulators are tunable valves that sit on top of the damping rods and are held in place with the main springs. This makes them both simple to install and completely tunable for all conditions and rider preferences.

Track tests consistently produce lap times that are 1 or more seconds a lap faster while Cruisers and Gold Wing owners rave at the increased control and ride quality.

to make a long story short they change way oil moves from one side to another they have are tunable so you can change that rate. I don't know if they work like R6 forks do with an on the fly adjustmen on the top of the fork but I have heard good things about them.