rear light

socker77

Reaction score
Visit site
Any one know a way to power up the rear light? I installed an L.E.D and to my surprise it's not very bright. I'm wondering if there is a way to power the led's without compromising the electrical system.

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
Any one know a way to power up the rear light? I installed an L.E.D and to my surprise it's not very bright. I'm wondering if there is a way to power the led's without compromising the electrical system.

I can't really tell what you want to do here. Power the light for test purposes? "Up" (increase?) the power being sent to the light? Something else? So I'll just make some general observations.

I assume by rear light that you mean the rear brake/tail light bulb. I have tried a number of LED replacements and have not found any to be as bright as the stock incandescent bulb. I did replace mine with one that is not quite as bright as stock, but it is not too far off. I cannot find product details at the moment.

daletucker

Reaction score
Visit site
I have got to tell you guys I bought this light off ebay and the damn thing is bright!!! I really like it because the turn signals are a sequential flash like the brand new mustangs and are in the tail light. here is the ebay link.

03-09 Yamaha FZ6 FZ-6 INTEGRATED Signal LED Tail Lights - eBay (item 390299584975 end time Apr-20-11 11:11:26 PDT)

like i said i love this light. i will try and post a video to youtube or something in the very near future. they have a video on it at this link. these guys were great to deal with too. took me about 20 minutes to install. the only thing is my front lights are leds too now and i have to get resistors for them so the back turns signals will flash right. check it out. pretty cool. it was my first mod to my bike!!!!!! i so happy:BLAA:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you got a replacement LED that fits in the OEM socket and has only forward facing LEDs then there will be much less lumen output because the OEM assembly is designed for an incandescent lamp which has light radiating back and to the sides of the reflector. There is a single LED lamp replacement that has LEDs shining towards the reflector with equal lumen output. Other than that boosting voltage to that LED is not an option. You can get the better LED replacement lamp, entire replacement internals or a complete LED assembly for the FZ6.

Check this out. They have an 18 and 40 LED 1157 type replacement. You just need to know the LED section passed through the hole. It looks like it will...http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...pPage&Page2Disp=/tail-brake-turn.html#flasher

Last edited:

malicious439

The Technician
Reaction score
Visit site
I also got one of those basic tail lights that everyone seems to be selling for around $15 looking back at it i prolly should have saved up a bit more and got the better tail lights which is what I will do eventually.

I found that cheapo ebay one not very bright but decided to leave it until I can replace it with a better unit.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just get yourself some auxilarry led brake lights. I have them, and they really catch peoples attention when you apply your brakes. You can also do a search on the forum for these lights, there has been several threads about them. They also act as running light too.

Hyperlites Flashing LED Motorcycle brake lights, Running Lights and Turn Signal

+1 on the above.

I have them on both my bikes, considerably brighter than stock and they can be set to flash (mine are set that way) when stopping. I have a single 16 LED mounted just above the tag.

I'd rather add lights, then just replace, your much more visable. The Hyper lights are well worth the investment.

You can also remove them fairly easily if you decide to sell and buy another bike..

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd rather add lights, then just replace, your much more visable. The Hyper lights are well worth the investment.

Well said, I agree when it comes to the back of the bike.

LEDON3-Optimized.jpg

socker77

Reaction score
Visit site

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well said, I agree when it comes to the back of the bike.

LEDON3-Optimized.jpg

Vegas,
I like this; I'd like it more if I could make it flash while parked.

Might need:
- speed sensor (may be something to rob from the ecu??)
- tap into brake light wire

* double check that its legal

I feel like the odds of being ran over are greater when parked and if the main brake light was on solid with some larger flashes hopefully I'll be seen!

Hence my plan to install a low beam on the RF and make it modulate. Those guys are way easy to spot with the modulating head lamps.