Rear MC Bleeding

S107

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I F#CKED up, I just changed my rear pads. Test ride didnt notice any real difference. Pads went on smooth and bolted back up. Now I bled the rear MC like this
1. Rear hose to bleeder valve
2. Loosen valve
3. Slowly press rear brake pedal all the way down
4. tighten valve
5. Slowly release brake pedal
6. Repeat until no more bubbles.

Keeping MC full with new dot4. Now i dont remember where but this is the same process I read on the forum somewhere.

Was I suppose to
-pump rear a few times then hold
-open valve
-close valve
-release pedal
??? ?? ???
Im so confused. The brakes werent firm on the test ride and felt like the old ones.

Thanks again guys. :rockon:

It was a PDF file I found on the forum. It said:

9. With one bleed screw loose, slowly press brake lever all the way and hold, tighten the bleed
screw and slowly release the brake lever.
10. Repeat ste p 9 until fluid runs out of bleed screw REMEBER to keep the master cylinder
reservoir full of fluid at all times. Repeat for any remaining bleed screws.

Thinking about it more that doesnt sound right at all.

Pump it a couple of times and hold down.
Open the bleeder a little and let some fluid out.
Close the bleeder.
Release the pedal or lever and repeat.

Make sure you don't let the MC run out of fluid and then grab air.

Remember to go easy on the pads so they have a chance to seat. Otherwise they'll get glazed. I break the top and bottom curve of the pads with a piece of sandpaper to give them a head start where they'll have to seat the tiny radius you may see on the rotors.
Your doing great! :rockon:

Last edited:
I'll have to do it over again tomorrow. Bikes ok to ride still right? I mean i'll just have the mushy brakes. I gotta take a 20mi trip to work tonight. Wont be able to work on it until tomorrow. Thanks again.

Just like Motogiro said, just make sure to close the bleed valve before the pedal reaches the bottom of its travel, that's the way I've done it for many years on cars, trucks and motorcycles and never had a problem:thumbup:
You might check and make sure that no brake fluid got on the new pads as that will make them feel mushy too.

Jerry

Back