removal of a 33bhp throttle restriction

TheRustySpork

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all!

Hopefully i have started this post in the right place, I have had a little search around the forum but no success.

I have been on an A2 licence for over two years so now i have a full unrestricted UK motorcycle Licence.

I have had my 2004 FZ6 for 2 years with a 33bhp restriction, which is from what i can see is just a plate with an an arm/tab to stop the throttle cam from rotating all the way from stop to stop.

My question is has anyone or know of anyone that has taken this type of restriction off before, preferably with pictures?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all!

Hopefully i have started this post in the right place, I have had a little search around the forum but no success.

I have been on an A2 licence for over two years so now i have a full unrestricted UK motorcycle Licence.

I have had my 2004 FZ6 for 2 years with a 33bhp restriction, which is from what i can see is just a plate with an an arm/tab to stop the throttle cam from rotating all the way from stop to stop.

My question is has anyone or know of anyone that has taken this type of restriction off before, preferably with pictures?

Do a search, there's numerous threads on it ad its not difficult. With the forum name change all the links I find don't work..

As I recall, you basically just bend the tab that restricts your thottle body shaft from opening fully..

Does your throttle plate and stop look like this un-restricted one?

Last edited:

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
Just nipped in there before the new licence laws then? Lucky bugger. Glad I got to just do the DAS at for over 24s.

TheRustySpork

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the reply :)

yes the cam does look like that now is i have removed the restriction plate it was pretty simple just two screws holding the plate there.

yeah I saw that the Gov were changing the Law and it looked like a right ball ache so i decided to just get it done and im very glad i did otherwise i wouldnt be able to ride my current bike for another 3 years!

thanks everyone :)