Remus full system

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The agony of waiting! Everyone knows that if they are available, I am going to buy my bike a present! :D

discovery

Reaction score
Visit site
The agony of waiting! Everyone knows that if they are available, I am going to buy my bike a present! :D

I don't believe that aftermarket headers exist,because they would surely be advertised across the internet.

Let's wait and see how much info bikergeek will give us,but I have called Remus by telephone,and they didn't know what headers I am talking about

thebikergeek

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't believe that aftermarket headers exist,because they would surely be advertised across the internet.

Let's wait and see how much info bikergeek will give us,but I have called Remus by telephone,and they didn't know what headers I am talking about

Well now you have me worried!!! haha, Projex | Dyno Tuning | Motorbike Tuning | Motorcycle Dyno | Motorbike Dyno | Motorbike Tuning | Power Commander | Dyno Jet | K&N Filter | Chop Frame guys sold me headers decat and the end cans and they were advertised as a full system.

It is possible the headers were designed for an older FZ6 as the decat pipe wouldnt fit the standard headers so I had to put the whole system in.

The headers also dont have the plug to go to the ECU, which I (hope) is a good thing.

In any case they sound louder than when it was just with the end cans, and the guy who dynoed my bike (different from where I bought them) thought they were a full system too!

TBG

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Oh don't worry, I share your doubt!!!! I am the ultimate Internet trawler when it comes to FZ6 parts! And I have never seen a thing, and I think like you, that if they existed, then they would be all over the net, like everything else that is available for FZ6's.
:D

thebikergeek

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh don't worry, I share your doubt!!!! I am the ultimate Internet trawler when it comes to FZ6 parts! And I have never seen a thing, and I think like you, that if they existed, then they would be all over the net, like everything else that is available for FZ6's.
:D

well then the confusion remains for me too! They are certainly NOT OEM headers and people who are more experts than me all reckon that they are the full works.

Well, even if it isn't remus headers someone somewhere is making race headers for the FZ6. Or the guy before me found a clever way to make them fit!!!

thebikergeek

Reaction score
Visit site
Right, my dad should be taking some pictures for us.

It seems it IS a full system but where the headers came from seem a mystery to me!!

Thanks everyone from distracting me from my revision. If I fail this year at university I shall hunt you all down and murder you with after-market headers!!!

thebikergeek

Reaction score
Visit site
I wish he cleaned them first...

photos

here's to hoping it is a full system still!

If three different bike shops all thought they were I hope they were right...

Last edited:

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wish he cleaned them first...

photos

here's to hoping it is a full system still!

If three different bike shops all thought they were I hope they were right...

Hate to be the bearer of bad news...but it looks like you have been duped. Those headers appear to be an identical match to the 2004-2006 generation FZ.

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am fairly certain that they are stock.

The wire that you speak of is the O2 sensor on the 2007-2009 version. The 06' and older did not have this; instead, there was a small bracket used as an exhaust hanger (you can see this in your last photo, unused on your 08')

Check out this parts fiche: Metric Parts Outlets' 2006 Yamaha Street Bike FZ6 Parts List

Sorry Man!

thebikergeek

Reaction score
Visit site

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am fairly certain that they are stock.

The wire that you speak of is the O2 sensor on the 2007-2009 version. The 06' and older did not have this; instead, there was a small bracket used as an exhaust hanger (you can see this in your last photo, unused on your 08')

Check out this parts fiche: Metric Parts Outlets' 2006 Yamaha Street Bike FZ6 Parts List

Sorry Man!

FML...

I wish I hadn't posted this up now hahaha

Is ok...I thought I was going mad!

thebikergeek

Reaction score
Visit site
Well its only the headers, everything else is mint! Well not surprising the downpipes look sh1t considering they are from a much older bike... :(

discovery

Reaction score
Visit site
These headers are bone stock Yamaha :cheer: As I doubted !

thebikergeek, it's ok, but it's better to know that you don't have them,then thinking that you have them :) You have a clear mind now :)

As I said before, there's a little chance for having headers made elswhere,and that indeed is sad for us,the Fz6 Volks........

:(:(:(

Last edited: