Replacing Air/Oil Filter on FZ6

sudraman

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone have a link or a step-by-step process of how to replace the air/oil filter on a 2007 FZ6

Thanks!
:rockon:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Try the search feature, there is a least one very good post on the oil change.

snowmannn

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry for the off-topic but doesn't this K&N filter require remapping of the fuel system electronics?

Coskie

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, the bike's EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection) system can handle and adapt to small modifications. So, maybe not..

If he adds an aftermarket exhaust system down the line he will most likely have to remap the FI system or the bike will run a little lean.

I have an 06 with the K&N and Scorpion Exhaust. My bike has not been remapped but it does run a bit lean.

cp04

Dunder Mifflin Employee
Reaction score
Visit site
You don't really need a power commander if you just change af/exhaust. It did help me when I had a dip in my midrange but not really necessary.

cp04

Dunder Mifflin Employee
Reaction score
Visit site
Thought I would add a little info/pics of stuff not shown/covered in the manual.

One- When removing panels A and B the quick fastener is under the rubber piece on the mirrors.

FZ6009.jpg

Second- I use a wooden stake to prop up the fuel tank and hold it in place while taking off air box lid. It's about 17in long.

FZ6002.jpg

Third- Be careful when reinstalling panels A and b, as the metal mounting tab on each side is sharp on the back side and can/will/did scratch the fairings.

FZ6011.jpg

Everything else was pretty self explanatory and clear. Hope it can help someone.
:rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
hey guys cant seem to open this up?

Is it because I have not been on in a long while?

Would appreciate the manual thanks.

-idanny

They may have pulled the manuals to be safe because of possible copywrite infringement.

PM me your email....

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
Yamaha had owners manuals on their website at one time. Thats where I got mine. They were read only PDF, but still helpful none the less.