Review of Dainese Racing Pelle jacket

mmorales85

Reaction score
Visit site
Sup guys. Practically new to the forum. Anyways, I just picked up a Dainese Racing Jacket brand new. I sold my Dainese Zen to a friend since it was a too big for me.

Now heres the review.

The jacket fits perfect like a glove. I'm about 165 lbs and I have an athletic build. I fit a size 50euro. Everything thing is snug to my upper body just like a quality leather riding jacket should. The protective inserts wrap my forearms perfectly. The sleeve ends right at my wrist. The zipper lined up exactly with my Dainese Firefly leather pants. The rugged 1.4 cowhide is a major plus. No road rash here!!!!

I felt really protected as I was riding along the twisties of highway 84. It was basically about 60 degrees outside and I was not cold at all. The leather is not perforated unlike my zen. So I was expecting to be a bit cold, but I was not. Their are air vents on the side and also you can unzip the front pockets for air on the chest if your riding in the heat. I assume this jacket is primarily warm-weather jacket.

Now for my gripes. It does not come with a back protector. No Dainese jackets come with back protectors if you didn't know. They sell separately. I had mines bought previously for my zen which is a g2 back protector. Also knowing Dainese, it costs bank. What did you expect? It's DAINESE!

Overall, I give it a 4.5 out of 5. The fit is perfect. It looks awesome. I feel protected. But it cost $599 retail but I got a hooked up with a nice discount. I might receive flak for paying top dollar for just a jacket, but if you had the cash wouldn't you buy it?

Last edited:
My second jacket was a Dainese as well, bought it mainly for looks back then. Unfortunately it nearly broke the bank, TOO EXPENSIVE for leather. Just found out about this jacket: air mesh kevlar jacket This will last better than any leather and it's guaranteed by the manufacturers if you crash. Price is also better. All around weather protection. Here is a little read about Kevlar suit versus all other materials out there: Save Your Hide Article

Back