Rizoma billet grips and Conical bar ends mounted

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
Just finished mounting my new Rizoma billet grips and conical bar ends. I went with the natural/silver grips because I thought they would blend well with the silver on my bike. I wish they were a bit more "natural" and not so shiny (maybe its the way the sunlight hits them), but I think they look pretty unique. Now I'm waiting on my new levers...:thumbup:

armystrong-albums-armystrong-album-picture2733-dsc00017.jpg

armystrong-albums-armystrong-album-picture2731-dsc00015.jpg

armystrong-albums-armystrong-album-picture2732-dsc00016.jpg

So far so good. Very well made product. I had a bit of trouble mounting the throttle side grip. The bar end kept binding the throttle when fully tightened. I just backed off a few turns and the throttle loosened up. Did you have any of those issues?

Looks great and those are the same grips and ends I want!! (different colours).

Can any of you guys who have put these on give me some info about how to remove the stock bar ends and grips?

I see what looks like an allen head bolt in the stock bar end, so I am assuming I just turn that to remove the bar end? I remember trying it once, but it didn't want to budge and want to make sure before I use some serious tourque on it.

Thanks guys!

Boneman,
I just stuck the allen wrench in there; turned, and mine popped lose and unscrewed. If its stuck you might need a breaker bar of some sort to get more leverage. I'm sure there are a bunch of tricks out there to break it loose, but mine were no hastle at all.

they look sweet as man.

also, where did you get those mirros from?

I reckon it's the little details that finish the bike off perfectly.

Weee!! Just ordered a set of RIZOMA grips and bar ends from PJ's!!

Just got over my head cold and now it would seem that I have caught the dreaded 'mod bug' again! As I'm sure this is just the onset of the 'mod bug' symptoms, my wallet my not recover this time. :eek:

Which bar-ends did you guys get from PJs? Looks like I bought the wrong ones.

Looks like I need some kind of threaded ones, but got the ones with the rubber inserts.

What I want to know is where you got that stuff to take the fairing off and
change up the front end so completely. It looks COOOOOLLLL.
I like the aggressive fairing look, but I might like to strip it down and do something like what you did there with new light up front, mounting the speedo/tach closer, new mirrors, grips and bars. So, since I'm new to this bike, how do I start this process?

- Troy

Mine are not threaded either. You have to use the rubber inserts and the hardware provided. If you run into any trouble, just call PJ and he'll help you out. Basically, you put the inserts in and then tighten the inner screw to expand the rubber. Took me a couple of times to get it right.

Which bar-ends did you guys get from PJs? Looks like I bought the wrong ones.

Looks like I need some kind of threaded ones, but got the ones with the rubber inserts.

Troy,
Thanks
I saw the set up on Davidsa1's bike...liked it, and just went for it. I got a lot of help from david and just reading the forums to gather information. Check out this thread on another forum for more information:

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/fz6/407218-plastic-surgery.html

It lists all the links for the parts, etc. I fabricated the mount for the light to the bike.

Here are a couple of other threads that might help also:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/11979-headed-naked-finally-there.html

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/11388-headed-naked.html

Thanks for the compliments...I really like it and think it makes the bike a bit more unique.

Marc

What I want to know is where you got that stuff to take the fairing off and
change up the front end so completely. It looks COOOOOLLLL.
I like the aggressive fairing look, but I might like to strip it down and do something like what you did there with new light up front, mounting the speedo/tach closer, new mirrors, grips and bars. So, since I'm new to this bike, how do I start this process?

- Troy

Marc,
Thanks for the info. Your bike definitely looks different in the best way.
Nice work. I usually get the kudos on the way I set up my cruisers, but I honestly didn't know one could make such a big change to a sport bike.
You've inspired me. And, my wife will kill me...always buying stuff for the bike
y'know...:spank:

- Troy

Back