Rizoma front/rear turn signals

chill

Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't care for the large orange stock front turn-signals or the cheap rear turn-signals that came with my Two Brothers slip-ons, so I recently got myself a set of Rizoma's for the front and rear.

picture.php

I went for a set of the Track-77 LED's for the front.

picture.php

and a set of Zero-11 LED's for the rear.

picture.php

picture.php

:D ~chill

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking about going with the same type of turn signals, but I want to make sure I can be seen during the bright sun light of the morning and evening as the sun sets into the on coming drivers eyes. Can you tell me how bright they are in the day light, and maybe post some pics of them in the sun. I know I'm asking a lot.

BlueRider461

Reaction score
Visit site
These look great and I would like to get the same setup along with the pipe. Where did you get the turn signals? How are they during the daylight hours?

Looks great.

chill

Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking about going with the same type of turn signals, but I want to make sure I can be seen during the bright sun light of the morning and evening as the sun sets into the on coming drivers eyes. Can you tell me how bright they are in the day light, and maybe post some pics of them in the sun. I know I'm asking a lot.

They're very bright. I actually installed them when it was bright and sunny outside and compared them to the stock signals (when I had one of each on). They actually seemed brighter. I wish I had taken pictures at the time, but I'll see if I can take a few pics if/when the sunshine ever returns to Van. :D

----
:bow:
BTW - A BIG TX to Boneman. :thumbup: I referenced the Rizoma Avio 21 LED signal installation on his site (Welcome to Boneman's FZ6 Site) when I installed these. I took his advice to get the ELFR-1 Electronic LED Flasher Relay - from Custom LED, and it was a snap to install - and meant I didn't have to worry about wiring up load resistors.

chill

Reaction score
Visit site
These look great and I would like to get the same setup along with the pipe. Where did you get the turn signals? How are they during the daylight hours?

Looks great.

Thanks. I got the Rizoma turn-signals at PJ's Parts. They were very helpful. :thumbup:

I wasn't sure how the front signals would mount to the existing bracket, so they made sure I also ordered the 'fairing mounting adapter (part # PFY2)'. This is required and I wouldn't have known this otherwise.

I actually think the adapter is designed for earlier models, but it is necessary just the same for the '08 (with the mounting brackets hanging below the fairing). I just had to place a rubber washer in between to make the fit solid.

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
what did you use to fill the factory turn signal holes in the fairing?

He has the 08 FZ6 (oops sorry about the mishap), which has a different fairing design than the 04-06 FZ6. The turn signal brackets on the 07-09 FZ6 actually hang below the fairing. Therefore, he doesn't need anything to fill a hole in the fairing, since the signals actually hang below the fairing itself.

Last edited:

chill

Reaction score
Visit site
dturpen is right (although my bike is an '08) ...the front signals do hang below the fairing. However, a mounting bracket is still required. I mentioned it ealrier ...it's the 'fairing mounting adapter (part # PFY2)'.

I think the adapter is designed for earlier models, to mount on the fairing itself, but it is also necessary for newer models.

The turn-signals would not mount without the adapter. ;)

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
Yea, most all Yamaha sport bikes use the same oddball shaped signals, so the adapters are fairly universal regardless of where the signals actually mount to.
Also, on the 07+ models, you can install pod lights and just completely remove the front signal brackets :p

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been wanting to do the same 'mis-matched' set you did but in reverse, the larger lights up front, thinner in the back. Looks good.

chill

Reaction score
Visit site

Finally some great weather ...and I remembered to take a pic. :D

The sun is coming down right in front of me. I'm not sure this picture does the signal light justice, but here it is just the same.

picture.php

Drivers behind squinting straight into the sun will have a hard time seeing anything, so it doesn't matter what you use. You still have to keep one eye in your mirror. However, I imagine if they are wearing shades (like they should), the lights will be that much more visible. ;)

whyjay

Road Rash
Reaction score
Visit site
Quick question. On the website it states not to use those lights as running lights. I see that yours are on as running lights. Any problems thus far? Did you use a "wire-in" adaptor to convert the single element to a running light?

chill

Reaction score
Visit site
Quick question. On the website it states not to use those lights as running lights. I see that yours are on as running lights. Any problems thus far? Did you use a "wire-in" adaptor to convert the single element to a running light?

Actually, I'm not operating 'running lights'. I turned on my 'hazards' to capture a pic of the lights ...that's why they're both on at the same time. :D

Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

Quapla'

PewPew Lazors!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey nice signals :thumbup: :jawdrop:

I have an '07 FZ6 and I'm interested in the Track 77 signals too.

While looking at the official Rizoma site i found a PDF with adapter plates

http://www.rizoma.com/PDF/ENG//adattatori_freccie.pdf

Anyone know if it's the FR210 or the FR212 part I need for the front signals? When I look at the PFY2 part mentioned above it would be the FR210, but not sure.

Halp!!!!

Last edited:

chill

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone know if it's the FR210 or the FR212 part I need for the front signals? If When I look at the PFY2 part mentioned above it would be the FR210, but not sure.

The adapter I used (for my '08) was shaped more like the 212. It wasn't a perfect fit. As I mentioned, I had to use a large rubber washer in-between to make the fit solid.

Basically, you get 2 pieces of shaped metal with each set. They are designed to fit on either side of the existing hole. I'm not sure how the signals mount on an '07, but you could try removing the existing - and see the area that these need to cover. That might help.

...I think either adapter will probably work. :D

krim

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Rizoma front/rear turn signals-"drop"

Hello Everyone

I just received my Rizoma Drop. from PJ's Parts.I bough those for my front signals.
IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

i also bought the ELFR-1 Plug & Play Electronic LED Flasher Relay from Custom Led( Thanks to Boneman). This way i don't have to put the load resistors.

After reading this post i have 2 concern

Do i really have to buy 'fairing mounting adapter (part # PFY2)'?

Should i operate them as "running light"?

zackeeboy

Reaction score
Visit site

I recently put Rizoma's on my naked kit and have other aftermarket LED's on the rear fender. I used the adapters listed above for both. There is a large, almost egg shaped opening to mount the stock signals. A normal washer and nut is too small to hold the signals in place if you are using the stock mounting locations. I have seen this overcome two different ways - using larger washers on the inside and outside of the fairing, or using adapter plates. I went with the latter and just bought the adapter plates.

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site

Hello Everyone

I just received my Rizoma Drop. from PJ's Parts.I bough those for my front signals.

I also bought the ELFR-1 Plug & Play Electronic LED Flasher Relay from Custom Led( Thanks to Boneman). This way i don't have to put the load resistors.

If you're using the LED relay, you shouldn't use the resistors, but make sure you use the load boxes!

As for the mounting adapter: you should use "something" to make the small led indicators fit into the Yamaha OEM indicator hole.
You could either buy some adapter plates (search the net/eBay, as there will be a lot cheaper options than the Rizoma branded adaptors).
Or you could make some adapters yourself out of some sheet metal or some metal washers....

For the running light: if it is required by law to have running lights, you'd better make them work as running lights as well (adding the magic blinker relay to get this).
Or you could go for the pod lights, install them and connect them to the running light wires.
This way you'll have the pod lights as running lights, and the indicators as plain indicators.
Or you could get the pod lights and the magic blinker and get 2 sets of running lights/indicators up front :D:flash:

Grtz,

Degake

edit: zackeeboy beat me to it :spank: