Road trip around the Central West of NSW

SteveL

Reaction score
Visit site
My brother-in-law and I just came back from a 4 day odyssey around the Central West region of New South Wales, Australia - Google Map of our trip

2712283117_3893b53e01.jpg

These photos aren't great quality as I was using my phone, but the advantage was I could upload them directly to Flickr, so my friends and family got an email and could see what we were up to - very handy.

The first day we had lousy weather - cold and wet, but after all it is the middle of winter here. We even encountered snow at one point - I was freezing even with 2 thermal tops, a polar fleece, lined jacket and heated hand-grips!

2712288457_be4b1cc217.jpg

Then the weather picked up and we started to enjoy the open roads a lot more. It's really beautiful countryside out there, and by sticking to the quieter back roads we hardly saw any other traffic.

2714656493_8dcebcb022.jpg

I've been having battery problems for a while, but on this trip they got much worse - to the point where I was having to park on a slope every time we stopped. It reached the point where my buddy was pushing me down the main street of town, so I decided to bite the bullet and buy a damn battery - so here's my bike in bits while I install it in a tiny country town.

2715623757_dd6c30aae0.jpg

This road was an awesome find - about 10km of winding blacktop through forested country, culminating in a long straight stretch through the farmland.

This was my first long trip on the FZ6, and I loved every minute of it. Compared to my previous bikes it's so versatile, and at home whether pootling along in 6th gear or racing through the twisty bits.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited: