Rust/Corrosion Protection

NakedJ

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Did a search and could not see any other threads so thought i'd post to see if any help.

A mate with a 6 year old (immaculate) VFR (ridden come rain or shine 50 miles round trip to work) introduced this to me as a "must have".
Scottoiler FS 365

Go over the bike with a fine mist from a garden plant sprayer every time i get in and a protective film builds up.

After the UK meet on 4th this weekend I sprayed the bike when i got in and an hours worth of rain just slides off.

I bought 5 litres in March and have just finished my second litre and expect the remaining three to see me through the winter.

Scottoiler FS 365 Protector - MCN Product of the Year 2003

worth the investment i'd say, especially if you have a working bike

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking of cathodic protection for my beast:thumbup:. Just plug it in to 12v when I get home, but the battery should be able to handle the trickle required to run it for while I'm parked at work. Looked at them ages ago for my other four wheeled beast but never quite got there. Reckon I'll do it this time.:thumbup:
Cheers
Mike

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
shipping for that item is extorsonate.

They are charging 25 sterling to ship it to Northern Ireland and only offer free shipping to mainland UK. The product is worth 25 sterling!!!

Still its not bad considering the roads here in Northern Ireland are covered in salt and my bike is rusting like a good thing!!!

NakedJ

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Scorphonic

let me know if you are interested and i'll see what i can ship it to you for using the Post Office or some other courier