Safe while stopped? Think again

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
to be honest I also cut the bike off at some red lights

but when i do cut it off, the bike is put in 1st and the switch is to run, all i need is the start button and the bars are centered.

Yes, I leave my vehicle in first gear and do the same, so I can rest my legs, hands, engine and when I see orange on the other side or see the pedestrian timer starts countdown on orange(10, 9, 8, ...) I'll start my engine.
and even If I turn off my engine, I'll be the first guy to respond to the green, all the time. Look for other oncoming vehicles and if it is not at all busy intersection, I'll do the drag 0-60 in 3.5 seconds (seldom) :D

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
I LOVE how the driver stops after they ran over the front of the bike... then gasses it and drives over the rest of the bike!!

Now your point makes me think otherwise, Is the driver a learner (I don't see any driving school signs) or on a rage with this rider? As we didn't see what happened few mins ago.

Anyway, this case, the rider won, with proof and the grand prize is a brand new bike.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm usually worried about people coming up on my 6 every time I stop, now I have to start worrying about the vehicles coming from my 12 in REVERSE! After watching the vehicle, there is a chance that I would have not seen the car reversing since I normally would be watching my six, but if I did, I would have definitely used my horn, it's my natural instinct to do so. But not a guarantee that it would have helped.

Always leave room for an escape route, have your bike in gear and practice conducting your 90 degree turns from a stop.

LiveLeak.com - Female driver gets stuck in intersection...BACKS UP AND NEARLY KILLS BIKER

I dont know how orthodox it its, but when I stop at an intersection I roll up to either their right or left quarter panel. If I get hit I won't get sandwiched and if they back up I can get the heck away.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll do the same when at an intersection and there's at least 4 cars ALREADY stopped behind me.

Should someone decide to do some rear ending, I'm far enough ahead I won't be tagged.

I'll also leave at least two car lenths in front of me (my own cage and bike).

And as noted, the bike will fire up immediatly if need be.

Glad you decided to stay, I value your opinion and love reading your post.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll do the drag 0-60 in 3.5 seconds (seldom) :D

Half of my road I live on is unoccupied with farmlands. I have mapped out an almost perfect quarter mile from the 35 mph speed limit to a certain tree. I can run my 09 scooting the tire and hitting 130mph (top speed 132 ;) ) that's not even in race mode. I can't keep the front end down in race mode lol. I do this every morning i come home from work. It keeps my hoonism down to a minimum

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Half of my road I live on is unoccupied with farmlands. I have mapped out an almost perfect quarter mile from the 35 mph speed limit to a certain tree. I can run my 09 scooting the tire and hitting 130mph (top speed 132 ;) ) that's not even in race mode. I can't keep the front end down in race mode lol. I do this every morning i come home from work. It keeps my hoonism down to a minimum

Slightly off topic but, I thought the 09 had a 115MPH speed limiter on it??

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
...maybe we need cars to have 'Anti running-over-motorcycle' software....Maybe it can play 'Born to be Wild' when it warns the driver of danger! With all the DPS (Dope Protector Software) being shoved into cars these days, we now a situation where we will be rewarding inability.....GREAT! I want someone to write some code where, if something like this happens, the car safely pulls itself to the curb and refuses to start for 24 hours......a 'time-out'. We DON't need Pandora, WiFi, Lane-departure warnings, back-up cameras, etc. AHHH!!!!!