San Diego ride on Sunday 08/10/08

FastZipper6

Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6nick(he just moved out here from Illinois) and I are getting together for a ride out on 94 somewhere on Sunday at about 4pm. There's also a Harley rider and a SV1000 rider I know from work that will be coming too and maybe a couple others. Anyone else wanna tag along for a leisurely ride? We picked it in the afternoon since a couple of us work nights and sleep days and it's cooler at that time anyway. Three of us did a ride at Mt. Laguna a month ago and in the afternoon and the light at that time of day was spectacular.

I'll have exact details as we get closer to the weekend.

Come on you guys from San Jose and Vegas. Get on your bikes and start heading this way. :)

:Sport:

S

sportrider

I won't be around this weekend,maybe next time.
I don't have plans for next sunday, if you set up something in the A.M. I'll try and make it.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
fznick: isn't it time to change your forum location business on the left side of screen? I just got back from touring the west side of Lake Tahoe. Wow. Maybe I'll make it to S.D. someday (but not this weekend).

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
We should somewhere right off of 805 on the telegraph road exit. maybe the first gas station wen you head east? lots of piggys on 94, lets go otay lake road, then left on 94 and immediate right a 1/4 mile after going on 94. Its more better.

FastZipper6

Reaction score
Visit site
It's Saturday night and I still have to talk to some guys at work to find out where we'll meet up and when. I'll post something early in the morning.

FastZipper6

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, we're meeting up at a 7-Eleven. Here's the address:

12918 Campo Rd
Jamul, CA 91935

If you go out 94 turn right at the Rancho San Diego Towne Center onto Campo rd. and go a couple miles or so past Steele Canyon High School until you see the 7-11.

We're showing up at 4pm and just winging it from there. So far there are 6 riders that say they'll make it. Anyone can join us and we hope to see you there. :thumbup:

FastZipper6

Reaction score
Visit site
The ride last Sunday was a good one. A couple guys were no-shows but we still had 4 of us. One Harley, 2 FZ6's and one V Strom 1000.

It was a great day and the temp was a little hot at first but cooled down nicely. It wasn't the most excting ride and in my opinion was a little too short but I still had fun and I hope the other 3 riders did too.

Three of us had trouble on one high speed sweeper and all got squirrely. I actually thought for sure I was going down as both wheels were all over the place but somehow I managed to hang on. Good thing since it's my only transportation. That really woke me up and I took it easy after that. It was exhilarating though.

I tried to take more pics but my batteries died. For some reason if I keep the batteries in my camera they drain real fast.

The Harley rider went into the store but there's FZ6nick in the full suit and James who owns the V Strom.

Looking forward to the next ride.

Thanks Nick for telling me about the folding mirrors. :)