scooter racing?

fuzzylogic

Reaction score
Visit site
ok i know this may sound a bit weird and it probably is, but does anyone else think it would be an absolute blast to have a honda ruckus track day? the idea of a pack of those little rolling barstools screaming bloody murder around streets of willow makes me laugh uncontrollably.

ok i know this may sound a bit weird and it probably is, but does anyone else think it would be an absolute blast to have a honda ruckus track day? the idea of a pack of those little rolling barstools screaming bloody murder around streets of willow makes me laugh uncontrollably.

I think it would be fun for couple laps. Then I would get bored. It would definitely be so much fun if you had other scooter friends to race with tho.

It does seem like it would be fun. Especially if it's a course with lots of turns. Have you seen the pocket bike racing? It looks awesome!

I think it would be fun for couple laps. Then I would get bored. It would definitely be so much fun if you had other scooter friends to race with tho.

see thats why i think streets of willow would be perfect. it has plenty of turns that would keep it fun. a bigger track like willow springs would get dull after a while. having the competition consist of nothing but ruckus scooters is kind of the point. it wouldn't be much fun if you where running against R1's and fireblades. =P

I was fort8unate enough to attend scooter racing recently, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!

It's on a very small scale, track length is probably 100metres or so, a twisty track. They guys just use their street scooters, but man it gets hot!!

Contains everything we love about racing, including crashing :rockon: and is a cheap and easy alternative to "proper" racing. Brilliant spectator sport too !!!

i urge you to go for it!!

Our local track had a scooter race last year (or the year before?) to raise money for safety barriers and other things. Some guy wrecked and busted up his ankle pretty bad....worst crash of the whole weekend, if I recall correctly. Needless to say, there is a reason scooters don't race on a regular track at high speeds.....pocket bkes are at least somewhat designed for it, scooters, not so much....

I raced pocketbikes for a couple of seasons at some kart tracks, it is a blast, assuming you have the flexibility to fit onto the bike...and also assuming there are enough other people in to the sport to make it fun/competitive. 40-50mph feels like 100 on a full-sized bike and by taking away the shifting aspect you can really focus on form. I found it made me a better street rider.

you might also look and see if there are NSR50/YSR50 class-racing in your area, that looks like a lot of fun as well, form factor is a bit more adult-sized.

Some guy wrecked and busted up his ankle pretty bad....worst crash of the whole weekend, if I recall correctly. Needless to say, there is a reason scooters don't race on a regular track at high speeds.....pocket bkes are at least somewhat designed for it, scooters, not so much....

Was that guy wearing full gear?

I have a 2009 honda ruckus.. stock they stuck at handling..

STP61421.jpg

I lowered the seat frame, lowered the handle bars, put a frame extension on it (stretched about 5-6") and put stiffer shocks on it... It handles a hell of alot better, I could use so better tires though..

But **** the thing is slow as hell and I have a couple grand invested into mine lol..

Was that guy wearing full gear?

He sure was. You had to be a licensed racer in full race gear in order to participate. He was out the rest of the reason. There's a video of it somewhere....tucked the front and highsided right into a concrete barrier.

Back