Scorpion or Leo's make a choice!

Scorpions or the Leo's majority vote

• Scorpion Stainless Oval Cans (Shiny)

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • Leo Vince Titanium Oval Cans (Brushed)

Votes: 27 55.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok, so I have those exact scorpions and love them. I see I am out numbered, but I am very happy with them. The only way I would change them is for some carbon fiber cans.

How loud are they on the freeway/motorway or whatever?
Do they drone after 10 minutes and give you a headache?
Do you have to polish them every 30 seconds?
Have you got a picture with them on your bike for comparison?

Shiny mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm beer mmmmmmmmmmm

How loud are they on the freeway/motorway or whatever?

Shiny mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm beer mmmmmmmmmmm

They are fine to me, as a matter of fact, when on the interstate, I hear the wind more than the pipes. I can honestly say, that I have not ever gotten a headache from my pipes, and I do not regret my decision at all. To me, they are the loudest between 4000 and 6000 rpm, but:noworries:.

I do find myself wiping them down alot whether they need it or not. Just as you stated, "Shiny mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm".

Well of couse I do....Thanks for giving me the oportunity to show.

Last edited:
They are fine to me, as a matter of fact, when on the interstate, I hear the wind more than the pipes. I can honestly say, that I have not ever gotten a headache from my pipes, and I do not regret my decision at all. To me, they are the loudest between 4000 and 6000 rpm, but:noworries:.

I do find myself wiping them down alot whether they need it or not. Just as you stated, "Shiny mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm".

Well of couse I do....Thanks for giving me the oportunity to show.

Oh my gosh they look frikin awesome with that red, that's one peachy looking bike:thumbup:
What a lovely set of pipes, as you would say:Flip:to the Leo's eh?
Just think I have a set on my living room floor just waiting to be fitted on to someones love life:thumbup:
Come on it has got to come down to looks in the end no one can dispute how good they look, oh no here I go again mmmmmmmmmmshiny!!!
Have you seen DB killers with these pipes? I've been researching but no luck:confused:

Oh my gosh they look frikin awesome with that red, that's one peachy looking bike:thumbup:
Just think I have a set on my living room floor just waiting to be fitted on to someones love life:thumbup:
Come on it has got to come down to looks in the end no one can dispute how good they look, oh no here I go again mmmmmmmmmmshiny!!!
Have you seen DB killers with these pipes? I've been researching but no luck:confused:

ummmmmm ... here's a dispute. Shiny=ghey! You want shiny, go buy a chromed out hawg. I know the scorps are polished not chromed but whatever. The Leos sound 100x better. I work at a bike shop, a buddy bought Scorps before I bought my Leos. After I bought my Leos, we have sold exactly 0 scorpion exhausts for the FZ6 and as soon as Carl (a customer) gets his tax return, we'll be selling our third set of Leos.

Just so you know, shiny is fun (or distracting) when you have ADD but when it is all said and done, hope you like cleaning them and dealing with a lesser quality product.

ummmmmm ... here's a dispute. Shiny=ghey! You want shiny, go buy a chromed out hawg. I know the scorps are polished not chromed but whatever. The Leos sound 100x better. I work at a bike shop, a buddy bought Scorps before I bought my Leos. After I bought my Leos, we have sold exactly 0 scorpion exhausts for the FZ6 and as soon as Carl (a customer) gets his tax return, we'll be selling our third set of Leos.

Just so you know, shiny is fun (or distracting) when you have ADD but when it is all said and done, hope you like cleaning them and dealing with a lesser quality product.

LOL thats good:D Not that I entirely agree with the Hog thing but you have made some valid points, thanks for the input....I am wondering what you voted hehe and wether you might just be a closet chrome fancier LOL:D

Thanks, I am really pleased with the way they look and sound on the bike.

I have not seen the DB killers for the scorps, but there are people on this forum that have them. I personally do not see that I would use them even if I had them. I like the way they sound without the DB Killers.

Thanks, I am really pleased with the way they look and sound on the bike.

I have not seen the DB killers for the scorps, but there are people on this forum that have them. I personally do not see that I would use them even if I had them. I like the way they sound without the DB Killers.

Cheers mate!!:rockon:

To each his own I guess. Personally, I have nothing against any other exhaust, but I do like my Scorpions. I also like how shinny they are. So I guess you are right...Shiney = Ghey and Ghey = Happy. As far as a "hawg"....no, I don't think so, but thanks for the idea :thumbup:.

Seriously, It is all about personal choice. I liked the scorpions that I bought, as you do your Leo's, so we are both satisfied. In the end, that is what everyone is after. Good luck at your shop, and I hope everyone that buys Leo's from you are as happy with them as I am my Scorions. Have a good one.

To each his own I guess. Personally, I have nothing against any other exhaust, but I do like my Scorpions. I also like how shinny they are. So I guess you are right...Shiney = Ghey and Ghey = Happy. As far as a "hawg"....no, I don't think so, but thanks for the idea :thumbup:.

Seriously, It is all about personal choice. I liked the scorpions that I bought, as you do your Leo's, so we are both satisfied. In the end, that is what everyone is after. Good luck at your shop, and I hope everyone that buys Leo's from you are as happy with them as I am my Scorions. Have a good one.

I didn't mean that as a personal attack, sorry. I was pretty happy (or ghey? lol) on some cold medicine when I typed that one. I am glad you like the scorps, but they are much too quiet even with no db killers in my opinion.

of course I have the db killers out of my leos which makes them stupid loud!

I didn't mean that as a personal attack, sorry. I was pretty happy (or ghey? lol) on some cold medicine when I typed that one. I am glad you like the scorps, but they are much too quiet even with no db killers in my opinion.

Ok, so now I get to hear that the Leo's are "stupid loud" which is a point I want to avoid, are your Leo's the same as the ones in the picture? or do they have the conical ends allowing DB killers to be installed?

I will be trying both sets eventually but the whole reason for this poll is to get back some genuine feedback (and of course the fun factor) from the guys and girls out there that actually have them installed and ride with them everyday.

I voted for Scorpions. $400 vs $700+. No contest for a mod that has minimal effect- from everything I've seen...
Yeah, anything can be Dynotuned- but this bike's pipes are not bad from factory, so the effect isn't drastic- barely noticable.
Pipes + PC5, 6, 8, or whatever... = $1000 or more?
FOR 4-6 hp? And a LOT more noise? No thanks- stealth has it's value... & a good man with the clutch will smoke you anyway... :ban:
Flame on! :thumbup:

LOL :rof::rof:, :noworries: Hope you feel better, Have a good one.

Scorpions are catching up fast,:thumbup: maybe shiny has got a lot to do with this poll and we are getting to hear about some bitter truths with the Leo's, cost , noise, etc, this is getting interesting!
Keep the views coming:D

If I were to buy pipes, budget may well force my hand to the Scorpions.
As some have pointed out, the HP gains are minimal from one to the other,
so that's not really an issue.
Having been a cruiser rider (Magna then VTX 1800) for years, I'm a fan of
GOOD loud. I love to hear a bike. I'm actually really liking Two Brothers pipes
that come with the fender eliminator and blinkers. From Youtube vids, they
sound best to me, but again, budget has me digging on Scorpions.
They are less than $500 on pipecity.com, but the pic the show doesn't look
like these. Most of the other pipes are over $700. An interesting aside are the Laser pipes. Cool look.

- T.

That's the new style of Scorpions in the pic on pipecity.com. I think they followed the rest of the brands and went for the conical ends. I like the look of the new ones!!

:)

Pipecity Scorpions

Having trouble adding a photo attachment, so just put the link in.

:)

Last edited:
Unfortunately the poll is for the pictured pipes, booooooo,:( so this is what we have to decide upon, at the moment there is very little in it between the two sets which does surprise me as the Leo's took off really fast during the first day or so.:rockon:
After 459 views I am still confident we will have an outright winner, keep the views coming and especially the poll votes as there will be a set of pipes up for sale, I cant keep both sets!:(

i dont want to piss anyone off but this is MHO. i have held both the leos and new scorps in both of my hands at the same time. the qulity hands down gose to the leos. way better Y pipe and better welding. plus leos use springs like yoshie, akro, KR tunned. the scrops use clamps to hold the pipes together. from my long dirt bike back ground every pipe i have used with clamps always leek exhaust gass. i have never had a leek issue with springs. put alll in all they are both good pipes. i just comes down to the money and looks. leos you get a cat elm pipes to. all of my friends that have the two bros, scorps, yoshies say they like the way my bike sounds better then theirs, plus i always get people saying they love the way my bike sounds. here some pics of my leos but CF, hope this helps.:thumbup:

Last edited:
i dont want to piss anyone off but this is MHO. i have held both the leos and new scorps in both of my hands at the same time. the qulity hands down gose to the leos. way better Y pipe and better welding. plus leos use springs like yoshie, akro, KR tunned. the scrops use clamps to hold the pipes together. from my long dirt bike back ground every pipe i have used with clamps always leek exhaust gass. i have never had a leek issue with springs. put alll in all they are both good pipes. i just comes down to the money and looks. leos you get a cat elm pipes to. all of my friends that have the two bros, scorps, yoshies say they like the way my bike sounds better then theirs, plus i always get people saying they love the way my bike sounds. here some pics of my leos but CF, hope this helps.:thumbup:

Very nice:rockon:

I took the stickers off my Leos. Gotta love how cool the carbon and titanium cans stay don't ya? I can ride for hours, get off the bike and grab the carbon and it is barely warm. Even the endcap being Titanium stays quite cool and will not burn you if you touch it. Quite an advantage over stainless.

Since we are getting personal, here's me on my fz doing some high speed passes.

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt3-5sSqXhk[/nomedia]

I took the stickers off my Leos. Gotta love how cool the carbon and titanium cans stay don't ya? I can ride for hours, get off the bike and grab the carbon and it is barely warm. Even the endcap being Titanium stays quite cool and will not burn you if you touch it. Quite an advantage over stainless.

Since we are getting personal, here's me on my fz doing some high speed passes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt3-5sSqXhk

Excellent it sounds awesome, I really like the twin headlights, shame about the wind noise it must have been a blustery day, still it doesn't take away from the pipes, good job!!

Back