Self cancelling indicators

Allistair

Reaction score
Visit site
I have just upgraded to an 06' FZ6S from my trusty Yam FJ600. I really miss the self cancelling indicators that were standard fare on the FJ.

Is there a mod for the FZ that will give me self cancelling ?

Cheers Allistair

My XS400 used to have self canceling indicators. The system was a simple timer (cap discharging) if I remember correctly, but used the coil leads to judge speed and thereby adjust the length of time they were on....worked fairly well in actual fact. I'm sure you could set up something. I'd paste up a pic of the wiring diagram but I sold the bike just recently and gave them the book too....lol.

Cheers
Mike

There is another thread about installing a singal "buzzer" that makes extra noise when your signals are on to remind you. http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/15407-common-alternating-source-turn-signals.html

Personally I don't see the need for either but to each their own. I't as simple as pushing a button that is an inch away with your thumb. Muscle memory. I find myself 'cancelling' my signals on sweeping turns at times, even though I didn't singal. It's just becomes habit. You also have a blinking light in front of you on your guages...what more do you need?

Back