Server crash - PLEASE POST PROBLEMS

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Dennis

Still having a few teething problems with the site:

1 Editing posts - can't use Bold, Italic etc -can't change fonts.
2 Can't QR (quick reply) to any posts at all - won't work.

If anyone else is having these problems, please post on this thread so we can get them addressed.

Thank you :)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So I can log on to the forum via tapatalk but can not access it via ie or Firefox. Says 404 page not found. I have cleared cache and cookies, but to no avail. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Dennis,
Thanks for you efforts getting us up and running again! Its very much Appreciated!!!

DITTO!!!!
I use Opera 11.0 and stay logged on 24/7. All I get from any attempt at connecting is 404 not found.

Funny I can trace and ping the server getting an IP and name but the cleint bombs....

The problem is on my end and I'll post up when/how I got my other E-client to clear whatever prevents it from resovling names. Mind you I've erased all static data to no avail. . .

Regards. . .
Final Impact!

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
Dennis,
Thanks for you efforts getting us up and running again! Its very much Appreciated!!!

DITTO!!!!
I use Opera 11.0 and stay logged on 24/7. All I get from any attempt at connecting is 404 not found.

Funny I can trace and ping the server getting an IP and name but the cleint bombs....

The problem is on my end and I'll post up when/how I got my other E-client to clear whatever prevents it from resovling names. Mind you I've erased all static data to no avail. . .

Regards. . .
Final Impact!

What is the complete URL that is getting the 404 error? Does just "600riders.com" get it?

I saw random errors like that yesterday as things were coming back up, but clearing firefox's cache, cookies, etc and/or rebooting fixed it.

Maybe clear your DNS cache? Reboot or How to flush DNS cache in Linux / Windows / Mac - Techie Corner to accomplish that. If you access the site through a proxy server or firewall (such as at work) their cache may have to expire or be cleared.

Currently fz16-forum.com is getting redirected to 600riders.com.

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What is the complete URL that is getting the 404 error? Does just "600riders.com" get it?

I saw random errors like that yesterday as things were coming back up, but clearing firefox's cache, cookies, etc and/or rebooting fixed it.

Maybe clear your DNS cache? Reboot or How to flush DNS cache in Linux / Windows / Mac - Techie Corner to accomplish that. If you access the site through a proxy server or firewall (such as at work) their cache may have to expire or be cleared.

Currently fz16-forum.com is getting redirected to 600riders.com.

OK - the box at home fixed itself but I connected with IE first and then Opera. Box at work; both Opera and Chrome get the 404. IE connected, but I never use IE unless the site won't run at all. I'll do ipconfig release from the prompt on the work box and see what that does.

Also - it didn't matter what URL I used. That is, any link I had failed. Example - saved threads etc. The browser would see the site and then be 404'd and it wasn't running from cache.

Why is the 16 forum being re-directed?

Last edited:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Dennis

If anyone else is having these problems, please post on this thread so we can get them addressed.

Same here Kazza, only can post in quote.

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Dennis

TEST TEST
TEST
TEST
TEST

K thats fixed..

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Can you hear me now?? :Flash:

Thanks Dennis , I sure you are working your arse off to the masses happy :thumbup:

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
I was not able to get on the forum until this morning. Been trying since Tuesday here at the office and this is the first time it worked.