shift light

gt89stang393

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I posted this on another forum as well, hopefully someone could shed some light on this for me.

I was wondering if anyone here has installed a shift light onto their FZ6? I believe since I love quick acceleration it would be safer for me to have a shift light of sorts on my motorcycle rather than trying to ride and watch the tach. (I come from a drag racing background as I have a high 10 second car)I have searched and there are multiple options out there, but I wanted to see if anyone has already done this mod and if so are they happy with it? I have ordered and am awaiting my 15T sprocket, so that will make the shifting alot quicker.

Thank you.

BTW, the motorcycle is a 2007 FZ6, blue, Leo Vince SBK2 CF exhaust, BMC air filter, air box mod, PCIII and the speedo healer V4 is also on its way.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure about everyone else, but I pretty much shift by the sound of the bike. I rarely look at the tach. When I use to drive a stick in my old pick-up, it was the same way. Never looked at the tach, but shifted when the I heard and felt the revs starting to pitch higher. Anyway, the time to shift should come naturally. I don't think you should rely by looking at the instrument. As far as the shift light, I have never heard of one, but there are several members who have a gear indicator. The links below.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-s/736-acuman-digi-gear-easy-mod.html

gt89stang393

Reaction score
Visit site
This is burned into my head, if I missed a shift point when I was racing my car you could pretty much say the race was lost since the car wouldn't run the dialed number. I still think it would be safer to have one, and also the coolness factor.