Should i buy full fairing or just stick to belly pan?

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys, Summer is coming, I like to ride long drives, as long it doesn't rain(can't go fast in slow, i'm scared).
My question is, I want my bike to look stylish, so planning for a belly pan, but keeping the summer in mind, should i get the side fairing, so that the heat from the engine won't be a bothering me on long rides..!:confused:
Will it/either of them increase any speed or atleast maneuverablity(guess i invented a new word)/handling over the corners.
Fazer 600 / FZ6 ('04 onwards)
I didn't find any full covering (including the engine) for an FZ6.
Please suggest me what to do..!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thinking about it, on a long ride the airflow from the engine shouldn't be bothering you. I like the semi naked look and I think the chin fairings look great!

Of course I'm a little prejudiced...
IMG_20121205_115922_215.jpg

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with Cliff, you should not be worried about the heat from the engine once you're rolling. If anything, a full faired bike may restrict the air flow around your legs versus not having one at all. The FZ6 is intended to be half naked or fully naked, if someone wants a fully faired bike, they should by one.

As far the belly pan, I like it. adds character to the bike.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
So far sticking to the bellypan.
Did anyone tried a red bellypan on a black bike?
In have red reflective stickers for Rim and red/black foam grips for handle bars, so a red chin fairing looks good or should i stick to black and have some red reflective stickers/tape(custom design) with some LED strips for directional lights?

Last edited:

seansi

Reaction score
Visit site
Thinking about it, on a long ride the airflow from the engine shouldn't be bothering you. I like the semi naked look and I think the chin fairings look great!

Of course I'm a little prejudiced...
IMG_20121205_115922_215.jpg

What brand is that?
I'm kind of curious about the fairing as well, as it would look bad ass on the naked.

mikeybooman26

Reaction score
Visit site
I got that belly pan off of a Yamaha 1000 cut it down a little bit not stick cut it a little bit more drill 2 holes to apply it and I bought it to the salvage yard for next to nothing

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Personally I think the belly fairing is a waste of time, it adds weight and looks, well, crap. Just my 5c worth.

And maneuverability is a well used very old word :)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Personally I think the belly fairing is a waste of time, it adds weight and looks, well, crap. Just my 5c worth.

And maneuverability is a well used very old word :)

It's made out of plastic, it doesn't weigh much at all, I know because I have one. It actually helps protect keeping the headers clean. If a rider is looking to keep unnecessary weight off the bike, the best way is to start with the rider. Trying to take or save 5 lbs or 2.5 kg off the bike is much harder than taking it off your body.

Last edited:

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
A belly pan finishes a naked bike nicely.

Hang on. Did I just see an Iron Man FZ6 on this thread?!! Where did that come from?! Lol

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
I got that belly pan off of a Yamaha 1000 cut it down a little bit not stick cut it a little bit more drill 2 holes to apply it and I bought it to the salvage yard for next to nothing

Thank you for reminding that salvage yards exists for a reason..!:thumbup:

Its been i didn't own a vehicle for a pst 2 yrs, i completely forgot about salvage yards. All i remember is showroom/dealers and mechanics shops exist..!Blah

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Look at the background. The kid's vehicle...

I'm sorry, i didn't find Iron Man FZ6 other than Red and Gold which doesn't like a hot-rod inspired, and also it looks bad(maybe bad camera for the video).
But that is poor man's(like me) satisfaction.

If i were like one you guys, have experience in electrical stuff(particularly bike) or some rich guy, i would sure go for rich/near perfect colors and arc reactor style Headlights(similar to angel eyes though) probably single headlight instead of dual and go naked.
Purchase the helmet, iron man style.
For blaster style, like hands, I will use white something like this for Handlebars(1. resembling hands with blaster).
For blasters in Legs, i don't recall what those are but, i remember seeing LED to the exhaust tips which makes it looks like fire(when you're going fast). So, I would power them up to my underseat stylish 2 exhaust FZ6 tips.

And again if i do all these stuff to my vehicle, i cannot use it for daily commute, I have to keep it in the bedroom ;) and use it once in a month after polishing for few hours..!

1. Access Denied

Marcin

Reaction score
Visit site
I like this paint job a lot. Been thinking about it myself but the problem was always my imagination.

long101

Reaction score
Visit site
My bike came with a bellypan (black bike black belly pan). I certainly wouldn't pay for it, but it adds a clean look for a black bike. I've kept it on while changing oil and things, and it is now scratched up, so it can also be a pain :)