Single Sided Swing Arm

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I want one. :rolleyes:

I've loved SSA for a while and wanted one ... I love tgroah's too:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/33345-my-streetfighter-fz6.html

Now I've found a guy who can help me to do it but I need to know how wide the frame gap is where the swing arm connects so I can work out which swing arms are just too much work to deal with.

Does anyone know what the distance is? Google the site and couldn't find a mention of the measurement in question. My google-fu might be failing me tho :rolleyes:

tgroah's method of cutting the stock one and welding it on might be the way to go but I wodner if there isn't one that'd fit without going to that kind of effort? Maybe just some grinding it back to get it a little bit narrower or some such.

Cheers!

Last edited:

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Using a precision measuring device (tape measure) my old swingarm is 9.75" wide. The frame gap would be that plus the thickness of the two caps. The housing plus the caps would be slightly smaller than the frame opening because the inner part (post?) is actualy clamped by the bolt with the housing free to swing but with no side to side movement.

Hope this helps - used a tape measure cause my caliper is too small to measure it.

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
haha not quite the precision I was looking for but thanks :thumbup: :D

It does give me a rough guide as to where to start :) cheers

Last edited: