Site and Server Take 2

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Site and Server Take 2 (after the database crash)

Hi All this site , is now on the new datacenter server...Let me know how it is in regards to speed ect....

Last edited:

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bump.... Hows the site for our otherside of the world friends...

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Site speed is good.. hey does anyone know where that link went to explaining what kind of computer and internet connection the forum runs on?? I remember seeing something about it, but cant seem to find the link.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
just posted 9.17 est and the post now says i posted at 1.15 am and is above some previously posted comments.... dunno if your still wokring on the server or not..

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The only thing I notice is the time stamps on the threads are off. But the speed is definitely up!

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
OK Admin looks like a post got lost in the mix, well read this.
Where did my post go?

you posted it as Admin was changing the server, I read it and thought it was good in fact when I hit the thank you button the whole site disappeared. IMHO if you can rewrite it it would be well worth it. sorry :banghead:

You have the power of the gods. You found a way to destroy the forum. "Thank this post" button hack.

BAN!!!! Admins save us!!! BAN!!!

:p

He gives me way to much credit. Took me reading the FAQ to figure out how to start a thread. I couldn't hack my own computer with the password :)
However it truly was a good post, is it lost forever? If so, he can just bite the bullet and rewrite it if he wants.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bump.... Hows the site for our otherside of the world friends...

Stunning! Was cursing the site, early this morning, i thought it was my PC, or my internet connection, was having real issues with pages loading, etc....got home from meeting's this arvo, and all is well and good in the world again...lightning fast forum...

Nice job Dennis.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
Here are the results from the Norwegian jury: The speed is much better than before the upgrade. Pages load in maybe 1/5 of the time compared to earlier. :thumbup: :rockon: :thumbup:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OMG! The server was down for around 5 hours yesterday evening. Mike and I had to, well, talk to each other instead of the forum :BLAA: .... just kidding ;)

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
OMG! The server was down for around 5 hours yesterday evening. Mike and I had to, well, talk to each other instead of the forum :BLAA: .... just kidding ;)

Wow, that was me before I went to FZ6 rehab! I didn't even know the site was down, but it does seem a bit faster.