Site Bug Thread

Mr_McBride

The Cartographer
Reaction score
Visit site
Using FireFox 3.6.3, when I'm logged in and I open a link in a new tab I get logged out.

This issue seems to be specific to this site as I don't have this issue on other forums.

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Using FireFox 3.6.3, when I'm logged in and I open a link in a new tab I get logged out.

This issue seems to be specific to this site as I don't have this issue on other forums.

It anyone else having this issue with the site... Seems to work ok for me?

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just tested opening links in a new tab and no problems here. I'm running:

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3

Maybe a browser cache/cookie problem?

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was having problems uploading photo's before...was getting a message telling me that a security key was missing...happened 3 times...so i closed the forum page i had open, and re-loaded, everything worked.

:thumbup:

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For over a week now I have been unable to get onto the site using IE7.

I get a message "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site. Operation aborted."

This is the only site I am having this problem with.

I have deleted my cookies and cleared the cache several times.

I had to use Firefox to get on to post this.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
For over a week now I have been unable to get onto the site using IE7.

I get a message "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site. Operation aborted."

This is the only site I am having this problem with.

I have deleted my cookies and cleared the cache several times.

I had to use Firefox to get on to post this.
I just tried IE and it's okay here. I'll assume you've rebooted? Any new windows updates this week? You know, the, "Someone could gain access to your computer, security update and malicious software removal, we patch the hole and make another hole somewhere else update?

If Windows was a car you wouldn't be able to see where you where going and would need 2 additional engines and extra gas to get it to move with all the patches! LOL!

Taku

Not a senile member.
Reaction score
Visit site
You could also try using Safari as a browser...

Has worked fine for me ever since I got it.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've noticed lately that when viewing photo's using Google Chrome, only the bottom half of the photo appears.

Can anything be done about that Dennis??? Not a huge drama, I just open up Firefox when I want to see someones pics.

:rockon:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
FYI: I run Opera 11.0 on a 64bit Win7 box and a 32bit WinXp box. No problems. . .

Although other sites that use the same Forum style resize pictures so they fit in the active window so that when knuckleheads like me link big photos you don't have to scroll the bar to view them. . . .

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I keep getting the "Unable to Save Image" error message when trying to change my avatar. Tried removing the avatar completely, still cant update it.

Attached is the picture I was trying to use.

Taku

Not a senile member.
Reaction score
Visit site
I keep getting the "Unable to Save Image" error message when trying to change my avatar. Tried removing the avatar completely, still cant update it.

Attached is the picture I was trying to use.

I'm having the exact same problem even though the new avatar fits both requirements.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dennis:

Just to throw it out there, would you be interested in doing daily snapshot backups (using something like rsnapshot, rsnapshot) of the Vbulletin content, Apache config, and a nightly SQL dump of the database offsite? I'm offering space on a server here at work if you would like to do it. We're a MySQL shop here, so I have some decent DB backup scripts.

In a really bad disaster, this server could be a temporary "live" server if you redirected DNS to point 600riders.com to it. Just a thought.

The server would be maintained by yours truly ;)

Thats a nice geasture. I can't add Rep form my phone
because the flash content takes Birthdays to load.
Nice one,
Nelly

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FYI: I run Opera 11.0 on a 64bit Win7 box and a 32bit WinXp box. No problems. . .

Although other sites that use the same Forum style resize pictures so they fit in the active window so that when knuckleheads like me link big photos you don't have to scroll the bar to view them. . . .

very off topic, but you have the best avatar picture ever.
Back on topic
I have not had any problems. Good luck with the repair Dennis.
Nelly

jnoreiga

Reaction score
Visit site
This isn't a bug but a usability thing. When I created a post in the WTB section it didn't automatically subscribe me to my own thread.

Maybe I missed something because I new to the forum but I think if you create it you should automatically be subscribed so you get emails when people post replies.

Taku

Not a senile member.
Reaction score
Visit site
This isn't a bug but a usability thing. When I created a post in the WTB section it didn't automatically subscribe me to my own thread.

Maybe I missed something because I new to the forum but I think if you create it you should automatically be subscribed so you get emails when people post replies.

Have you set it to auto subscribe from your user settings?

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
...getting the "Unable to Save Image" error message when trying to change my avatar...

Was this resolved? Getting this error currently when I try to upload a new avatar or profile picture.

Tried different versions of Firefox and IE, on XP and Win7, cleared cache and cookies ...

Taku

Not a senile member.
Reaction score
Visit site
Was this resolved? Getting this error currently when I try to upload a new avatar or profile picture.

Tried different versions of Firefox and IE, on XP and Win7, cleared cache and cookies ...

Still getting it even though the new avatar fits the requirements for picture and file size.