Skyline Drive, Diamondback, Blue Ridge Parkway

rivettm

Reaction score
Visit site
Started out from King of Prussia, PA to Little Switzerland, NC on a 5 day trip. 5 of us total and we went approx 1500m. Links to GPS tracks of where we went.

HS: Day 1 by rivettm at Garmin Connect - Details - Day 1
HS: Day 1 Alternate Route by rivettm at Garmin Connect - Details - Day 1 Alternate Route
HS: Day 2 by rivettm at Garmin Connect - Details - Day 2
HS: Day 3 by rivettm at Garmin Connect - Details - Day 3
HS: Day 4 by rivettm at Garmin Connect - Details - Day 4
HS: Final Day (5) by rivettm at Garmin Connect - Details - Day 5

Storm came through Friday night that left most of the area out of power. Saturday's ride was a bit of a disaster since there were branches and trees down all over. Traffic lights didn't have power...

Since the weather was bad the roads were mostly deserted and cleared of debris by Sunday. It made for a great trip and it didn't actually rain on us. Had a blast on the Diamondback and Blue Ridge Parkway.

I don't have any pictures, waiting to get them from one of the other guys but I will post some when I get them.

rivettm

Reaction score
Visit site
Here are a couple pictures I took with my phone. Hopefully I'll get some better ones to post.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like fun! I'm in Virginia only about 35 minutes from Skyline Drive and I take that down to Blue Ridge Parkway every year. I have ridden it all the way to where it ends in Cherokee, NC and the smoky mountains a few times. It gets better the further south you get.

rivettm

Reaction score
Visit site
Part of me wishes we had more time to keep going south but on the other hand by day 5 I could hardly sit on the seat anymore. I didn't understand why so many people complain about the stock seat until this trip!

I'd go back there to ride again for sure. I'm just worried it wouldn't be as much fun with with a lot of traffic but nothing can be done about that.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Part of me wishes we had more time to keep going south but on the other hand by day 5 I could hardly sit on the seat anymore. I didn't understand why so many people complain about the stock seat until this trip!

I'd go back there to ride again for sure. I'm just worried it wouldn't be as much fun with with a lot of traffic but nothing can be done about that.

I've ridden Blue Ridge Parkway plenty of times and there is never traffic on it.

Skyline Drive on the other hand is packed with slow moving families in mini-vans from the DC area every weekend and still a lot during the week. I only ride skyline drive late in the day if I go up there.

rivettm

Reaction score
Visit site
Some more pictures.

I had my right fork seal replaced prior to the trip and it wasn't done right. It started leaking on the 2nd day so I had to bandage it up. It'll be fixed (hopefully fixed this time) this Saturday.

rivettm

Reaction score
Visit site
I had the GPS already for my bicycle. Since my bike is metric I decided to mount the bicycle gps on the motorcycle so I can get the units right. The 2007 Canadian model of the FZ6 doesn't allow you to change the display.

We had a great trip. It was real hot but a lot of fun and I can't wait for our next trip!

Looks like a great trip. The log you kept with the gps is neat:thumbup: