Slipperly Seat vs. Sticky Seat

Slippery Seat or Sticky Seat?

• Slippery Seat Rocks!!

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Sticky Seat is the only way to go man!

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
Which do you prefer? Any reasons and have you rode a significant amount of time on a seat that lets you slide around?

90% of my riding is done on my 05' which had an older Corbin seat on it when I bought her. The leather is slick and I slide all over her. At first this was a bit of an annoyance. I quickly got in the habit of holding on with my knees as needed and sliding around to change seating position, also as needed. I didn't necessarily learn to like it as much as learn to use it.

Then I had an opportunity to head up north and ride my 06' w/ a stock seat. Stuck like glue on that seat. I began to miss the slick Corbin very quickly. I found the seat 'hotter' because the lack of movement on a hot day built up sweat. Also the sticking made things uncomfortable on a hard stop as my body tried to move forward but my pants did not. :( :D.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Corbin seat too. When I got the bike, my leather pants would stick like glue to the Corbin. A little leather conditioner got the slick back and I can get my butt to slide around now.
On the negative side, when I took my wife for a ride I was too lazy to put the back rest on for her and with the slippery seat I almost lost her a couple of times. She was not happy. Have since rectified the problem for her with the back rest and some rubbery shelf liner that she sits on. :thumbup:

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't carry a passenger but I was thinking about that as I was conditioning my seat. I left the passenger area sticky :)

Lots of looks, not a lot of comments/ opinions...

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
You know, as many of the "Corbin carbon fiber is too slippery" posts that we've seen over the years, this was a GREAT idea for a post!

I'd heard, over and over, how slippery the Corbin (especially in the carbon fiber pattern) was before getting mine. So much so that it had me worried. However, after riding on it for 3 years now I can definitively say it's so much better than the overly sticky stock seat, especially for the type of riding I do (mostly twisties).

It allows you to move side to side, off the seat so much easier. Hanging off is a breeze without having to actually move UP and over like you have to do on the stocker. And obviously there's the benefit of how much more comfortable it is and how much longer I can ride without stopping. The less I'm thinking about my butt hurting, the more I'm concentrating on riding, and that's a good thing.

And as far as sliding into the tank goes, I don't find it to be that much of a problem. As stated earlier, if you squeeze the tank with your knees it keeps that from happening. It also has the added benefit of taking pressure and weight off your hands, keeping them from fatiguing as quickly.

Slippery seats FTW!

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
You know, as many of the "Corbin carbon fiber is too slippery" posts that we've seen over the years, this was a GREAT idea for a post!

I'd heard, over and over, how slippery the Corbin (especially in the carbon fiber pattern) was before getting mine. So much so that it had me worried. However, after riding on it for 3 years now I can definitively say it's so much better than the overly sticky stock seat, especially for the type of riding I do (mostly twisties).

Odd, the seat I just picked up is a Corbin w/ the carbon fiber pattern. It was nearly as sticky as stock. It is also nearly new. I wonder if the person I bought it from ordered the 'carbon leather' or 'carbon vinyl' version. It drinks the leather conditioner like leather should and the areas that I know are vinyl just get shiny.. Or maybe they addressed the 'too slippery' issue with a new coating on the leather?

And I agree, once I 'learned' a slippery seat, I vastly prefer it over a sticky seat.

ANLR21

Master Blaster
Reaction score
Visit site
Have to side with Wavex on this, I'm in the middle between a sticky and slippery seat. I carved my own seat from a fleaBay spare stocker to better fit my contours and preferences, which has made it a LOT better for me. No more up and over, and I've tolerated the seat for 12 hours of twisties on a hot day. My leathers caused a lot of "stick" but my textiles work well.

Hobbesca

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had my seat armor-alled once that makes it really slippery. Cornering takes an extra level of excitement when your butt slides around, but when i cleaned it all off it was really sticky and I wasn't to keen on that either, I would be more towards the middle of the road some grab in the seat but not to much.