Slow Leak ???

Vikingj

Minnesota Viking Fan
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 08 that I bought new in June of last year. I rode without any problems till riding season ended.(Wisconsin, gets cold) This year we have had a mild spring so I was able to start a little early for Wisconsin. My problem is this. After taking her out of storage, I topped up the tires to 32 front and 34 back. I rode as often as I could (weather permitting) and didn't check pressure like I normally do when the season gets into full swing. On one of my rides, someone said the rear tire looks low so I checked it and it was down to about 22. Topped it up, looked for any cuts or nails and found nothing. The next week when pulling into work someone says "rear tire looks low". Checked it. 21 psi.
Topped it to 32 and when I got home it was at 30. Up on the center stand with flash light and spray bottle I looked for anything that could be causing this loss of air. NOTHING.
First.....Is the tire under any warranty for the first year? Second....If there are no cuts or holes, where is the air going so fast? Has anyone had similar problems?

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Check the valve stem itself.... you may have a leaky one. If it is, just buy another one and install it.

AFAIK, there is no warranty on the tires, but if it's less than 12 months since you bought it, I would surely call the dealership and make them confirm that. Obviously not a road hazard.

If your temps are swinging all over the place, that could explain some of the variation.... were it me, I would be checking the pressure every ride for a while. And carrying a 10 speed bicycle pump, just in case.