So I visited some other forums and wow....

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
I found that the ninja 300 forum may be squidlier than SBN!!! It amazes me how many idiots just want to race people at lights. To me that misses the point of a motorcycle, sure fast is fun but riding for bragging rights seems like a bad idea.

From what I could gather there were two groups... Those who knew skill trumps 0-60 times and those who could give a **** and just want to beat anything short of an f-22 off the line and pull wheelies (sadly this was the majority of the posters).

Anyways I just wanted to say thanks to you folks for being part of probably the best (and least squidly) forums on the web... There's a reason I'm over here more often than the Versys forum ;)

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
ive noticed that other forums tend to be much harder to navigate, as well as the immaturity of the posters. if you want information, on most forums its a hassle, but here its easy to find. and if you are a newbie, people dont flame you for asking "stupid" questions here, but a question isnt stupid if you dont know the answer.

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
An astute observation. We're so much more sophisticated over here as the FZ6 attracts just that sort of rider you see. :eyebrow:

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I think this is a older more mature crowd vs. the young kids with no life experience yet on the other forums.

The ninja 250, and adventure rider forums are very good forums, but this is by far the most helpful for me.:cheer:

I'm doing things to my bike that I never tough I could do alone. I now have a tool box, and confidence to use them on my bike without fear of failure on the open road. :eek:

My next project is a new full brake system.:eek: Yes I can't believe that I'm doing my on brake system, and it's because of you guys. If I can do it, then any idiot should be able to do it.:BLAA:

There's a handful of guys that have been such a big help to me. I hope one day to be able to return the favor to them.:cheer:

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, this forum is pretty solid. I came from the CB750C forum before this which is mostly older, mechanically inclined individuals that have been riding the same bikes for 30 years. There's a lot to be learned over there about inline 4 engines and component theory. First place that I heard anyone have an intelligent conversation about rewinding your charging rotor... :eek:

Anyway. I appreciate this place too, since I'm quite new to fuel injection and all this new-fangled technology stuff.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think this is a older more mature crowd vs. the young kids with no life experience yet on the other forums.

The ninja 250, and adventure rider forums are very good forums, but this is by far the most helpful for me.:cheer:

I'm doing things to my bike that I never tough I could do alone. I now have a tool box, and confidence to use them on my bike without fear of failure on the open road. :eek:

My next project is a new full brake system.:eek: Yes I can't believe that I'm doing my on brake system, and it's because of you guys. If I can do it, then any idiot should be able to do it.:BLAA:

There's a handful of guys that have been such a big help to me. I hope one day to be able to return the favor to them.:cheer:
Who you calling old, I am constantly told I'm immature and need to grow up lol.

Neil

derek533

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, this forum is pretty solid. I came from the CB750C forum before this which is mostly older, mechanically inclined individuals that have been riding the same bikes for 30 years. There's a lot to be learned over there about inline 4 engines and component theory. First place that I heard anyone have an intelligent conversation about rewinding your charging rotor... :eek:

Anyway. I appreciate this place too, since I'm quite new to fuel injection and all this new-fangled technology stuff.

Same experience here as well. I came from MigCruisers which is a group of Marauder riders and they were very friendly, intelligent about their bikes, and willing to tell you anything.

Seems to be the same thing here in my short observation time. I think it more has to do with what bike you're riding than anything. Both the Marauder and the Fz6 are kind of what I'd call enthusiast bikes and really the squids/idiots are more interested in super sports and more of the well known bikes.

In my own situation, I knew I wanted more of a standard/sportbike than the cruiser. When I set out looking, I knew of the SV650, Gladius, ER6N, Ninja650r, etc. I never knew the Fz6 even existed until another forum of computer nerds I visit mentioned one in a thread. Only then did I really start looking for one and my short time in my search for finding one, it appeared they were all adult owned, well taken care of, and hadn't been thrashed out like some of the other bikes.

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree, this forum and the FZ6 in general seems to attract a much more mature and skilled set of riders. I think you would find the same is true with all the dual sport, sport touring, and adventure bike forums.

Reaction score
Visit site
There are lots of friendlies here. The forum for my last bike had too many pissing contests going on..
And I don't pee too well anymore :D

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
There are lots of friendlies here. The forum for my last bike had too many pissing contests going on..
And I don't pee too well anymore :D

There's no need for a pissing contest on this forum.:spank:

We all know the Red bikes are the fastest and just move on to the task of making the other bikes just as good.:rolleyes::cheer:

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Who yall callin old!? Im neither old nor mature at the ripe age of 22 lol, but ill be damned if im called a squid!! I still have tons of fun on my bike, but i do so responsibly. I like that about this forum. People here definitely look down at riding like morons and it seems that all the inmates are atgatt. Ive seen some of the nastiest outcomes of motorcycle wrecks as a paramedic and wish i could show the squids these images i have witnessed. Would definitely make an impact and encourage some positive changes.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Hell I'm only 21! The Versys forum is pretty mature too but they don't have a like button nor do they stray much from Versys conversations, little more exciting over here :D

XTremo

Reaction score
Visit site
I only go here and the UK FOCU forum.....the white noise and bull**** on the majority of them is more than I can take!

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
This is the only motorcycle specific forum I frequent for the reasons mentioned.

I don't ride a motorcycle because I have a testosterone driven ego complex. I ride because I enjoy the freedom of the open road and the comradery of fellow enthusiasts. :thumbup:

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, this is pretty much the only forum I visit daily. The SOHC4 place was good, but I feel even more welcome here (and I don't have a Honda CB anymore). Thanks, all. This is a fantastic place that I chanced upon after I found and brought home my FZ6. :thumbup: One day I will get off my lazy butt and finally do the naked conversion....been busy :spank:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes I too agree about how friendly this forum is and how great and helpful all the members are here. Sure is my favorite forum by far. Sure is my favorite motorcycle too! :thumbup:

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I do love this forum and its pleasant civility (generally speaking).

But, you old school forum types have to admit, the ridiculous days of the boards like SBN and socalsportbikes especially were entertaining in their own right.

Like Forrest says, on any given day you never know what you're gonna get ...

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
This was the first forum that I've ever joined so I have not much of a reference other than internet chat rooms and facebook.

I would say that the people on here are very helpful. There are no "stupid" conversations. I even try to ask some questions that border on stupid but generally get set straight in a nice way. Forum members are respectful to each other and generally helpful.

I did surf around on the GSXR forum and found it to be hilarious. Again you have the serious riders on there that believe in their machines and then you have the squids.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
i would like to thank this forum too, i have been logging in nearly daily since 2009 when i joined. i dont post too much compared to other members, but that s because in some areas i do lack knowledge so i'd rather stay shut and learn from others than post stupid comments.

that said,the most impressive thing i find is that the forum has kept its standard of friendliness and knowledge over the years, it has never deteriorated or anything, has always remained sensible all thanks to the fantastic members of course.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
I do love this forum and its pleasant civility (generally speaking).

But, you old school forum types have to admit, the ridiculous days of the boards like SBN and socalsportbikes especially were entertaining in their own right.

Like Forrest says, on any given day you never know what you're gonna get ...

Lol good entertainment as long as you just watched and weren't trying to ask a legit question!

On rainy days when I'm feeling down, I go over to SBN and read people bickering at each other saying a 600 SS is slow as molasses etc ;)