So whats your favorite road?

phxtravis

Reaction score
Visit site
Since this sub-forum seems dead, thought a new thread would help.

Whats your favorite road in the Southwest(Arizona, SoCal, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, West Texas)?

For me it's Highway 89 from Jerome, AZ to Congres, AZ.
Google Maps
FYI, it's on the top right...

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I drove through Jerome back in October I'm usually in Phoenix for a couple of weeks a couple of times a year, that drive is beautiful though I did it in a car :( . The drive from Sedona to Flagstaff is really nice too.

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
Since this sub-forum seems dead, thought a new thread would help.

Whats your favorite road in the Southwest(Arizona, SoCal, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, West Texas)?

1. The Million-Mile Highway in Colorado....this road joins US-550 at Ridgway and begins the climb toward Ouray. The road swoops over the Red Mountain Pass at close to 11,000 feet and the Uncompahgre Gorge. The road is very twisty with massive drop-offs, requiring your constant vigilance. When I rode this, I experienced about a 40 degree temperature swing plus intermittent rain with fog. It did keep me quite alert!

2. In Texas, the famous River Road, comprised of the route from Lajitas to Presidio, Texas. It has whoops and makes steep turns that snake along the Texas/Mexico border. Due to the heat, this road is best done in the spring around late March.

Of course, outside of the southwest, the best ride so far has been the Going-to-the-Sun Road in Montana. This epic mountain route through Montana's Glacier National Park, which is an alpine engineering marvel that travels for 50 miles and up to 6,000 feet over breathtaking Logan Pass. Highlights include glacial lakes, waterfalls, wildlife, and perpetual, endless mountain scenery. I even came within two feet of a black bear foraging for food on the side of the road!

Happy trails....

Last edited:

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
The "Ultimate Ojai Ride" starting in Santa Clarita which takes you through the mountains to Ojai and the famous 33, and then you can take mountain roads back whence you came or take the freeway to dump out on the ocean and take Pacific Coast highway home. About 300 miles and definitely a full day of riding.

#2: riding Pacific Coast Highway (Hwy 1) from San Luis Obispo north to Monterey and beyond! Epic scenery.

Last edited:

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Best road I've ever ridden is CA36 in NoCal.

Google map link- Red Bluff to Fortuna

Absolute motorcycling bliss. Riders have flown in from all around the world to ride this path, the multiple mountain passes coupled with the solitude (only 2 small towns along the entire 140 mile distance) just puts you in a tight rhythm with your bike and the road. On one of my solo trips last year, I went from one end to the other, had lunch, and turned around to ride it the other way in one day. It was just awesome.

If you live within 1000 miles of Red Bluff CA you MUST take this journey at least once in your life.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Best road I've ever ridden is CA36 in NoCal.

Google map link- Red Bluff to Fortuna

Absolute motorcycling bliss. Riders have flown in from all around the world to ride this path, the multiple mountain passes coupled with the solitude (only 2 small towns along the entire 140 mile distance) just puts you in a tight rhythm with your bike and the road. On one of my solo trips last year, I went from one end to the other, had lunch, and turned around to ride it the other way in one day. It was just awesome.

If you live within 1000 miles of Red Bluff CA you MUST take this journey at least once in your life.

ssshhhhh :D