SoCal Cinco de Mayo Ride

Wow thats a ride right there LOL. I only get 100 miles per tank so hopefully we can stop a few times for gas :)

Nick, since your not used to the sound it might be extremely loud to you. Just bring your ear plugs and you should be fine :thumbup:.

I heard horror stories of mean motorists sabotaging the roads of palomar. Im glad we are taking the back roads ahahah

I'm glad you guys know where you're going... I'll just follow along! :)

Meet-up time and place sounds good to me.

The LeoVince shipment finally arrived this morning... I'll be working on the bike tonight! What do you think, db-killers in or out for the ride tomorrow?

nick
Do without the db killers! :D

I'll see all of you fellas tomorrow!

Wow thats a ride right there LOL. I only get 100 miles per tank so hopefully we can stop a few times for gas :)

Nick, since your not used to the sound it might be extremely loud to you. Just bring your ear plugs and you should be fine :thumbup:.

I heard horror stories of mean motorists sabotaging the roads of palomar. Im glad we are taking the back roads ahahah

Don't worry about fuel. We have you covered.

I'm glad you guys know where you're going... I'll just follow along! :)

Meet-up time and place sounds good to me.

The LeoVince shipment finally arrived this morning... I'll be working on the bike tonight! What do you think, db-killers in or out for the ride tomorrow?

nick

Disconnect the negative lead on your battery when you do the installation.

You'll dump the old volatile memory so it will relearn with your new exhaust.

Stop It! :rof:
You're going out, having fun, laughing, eating lunch, having more fun and laughing some more...:BLAA:

Stop It! :rof:
You're going out, having fun, laughing, eating lunch, having more fun and laughing some more...:BLAA:

OK Dad!!! Hahaha

So im going to try and meet nick at the shell around 9 so i can try and get my sena installed on his helmet.

Make sure it's the Shell @ Rancho Bernardo Rd. and the 15! :-D

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

If it were me, cuz I'm old, I'd leave the dB killers in. I've ridden with them out and it's very loud. But then when you romp on it it sounds pretty good. Not all of me is old.

Sorry to hear about the bike Majdi almost bought but glad to hear you were around to see it and save him from future headaches. An FZ1 would be good too, or a Z1000 or Ninja 1000. Hopefully he'll get a stellar bike. I'm enjoying my liter bike.

We boogie in 12 hours:BLAA:...get some rest! :cool:

Rest? :BLAA:
Just got back from a test ride, new exhaust sounds great. Left the DB-killers in for now (assuming they come installed?). And looks like nothing fell off, so I should be good for the ride tomorrow!

See you at 9/930.

nick

Let me start the ride report by saying the weather was incredible today!
Did we have fun riding!

The area we started from was high overcast but in a few minutes it cleared up and we were in clear blue sunny skies!

Before we started Luise was doing some sort of Tai Chi. This might explain why he was so fast on the mountains today!
Canon%2520001.jpg

Canon%2520002.jpg

Majdi, Phillip, Nick and Bryan.
Canon%2520004.jpg

We did South Grade on Palomar Mountain. When we got to the top of Pally an astronomer stopped to yell at me for the way I passed and informed me that the road was not made for us guys on the bikes. I was very polite....:rolleyes:

Majdi had a little problem and broke his key while we were up there. Sorry for pic quality..
Canon%2520006.jpg

:rolleyes:Luckily we knew a guy that could make the bike run without a key:rolleyes:

Canon%2520008.jpg

We had an awesome day together and I'm ready to go back out right now!
Video to come as soon as I get some editing done.

Oh man! What a ride! I loved the route selection for today's ride. It was def good to meet new peeps from the FZ forum. Like Dad(Cliff) said, weather conditions couldn't have been better. Enjoy some more pics!

All of the hoons trying to wake up.

7748d347.jpg

Cliffster and I before the massive Yeti.

616eb322.jpg

In Ranchita, CA after riding down and back up Montezuma Valley Road.

cf8f3f4b.jpg

All of the hoons pause a second from riding.

b30ac2e5.jpg

Atop of the South Grade of Palomar Mountain.

f9738a3e.jpg

Looking forward to more of many rides to come soon.
-Luis

Last edited:
Thanks for posting your photos, guys!

I love the Tai Chi poses... good to focus yourself before the ride. Hilarious!

I thought a broken key would be the end of the ride, but 5 minutes later we were on the road! Good to have an experienced electrician with us! Seems like hot wiring a bike is no problem for Cliff :thumbup:

Those rick clemson photos are cool! I found myself on there. Too bad it's 20 bucks for the digital file. I should head out there with my DSLR and make some weekend cash.

Let's ride again soon! I should be free next weekend... and just about all of them. :rolleyes:

nick

I thought a broken key would be the end of the ride, but 5 minutes later we were on the road! Good to have an experienced electrician with us! Seems like hot wiring a bike is no problem for Cliff :thumbup:

Those rick clemson photos are cool! I found myself on there. Too bad it's 20 bucks for the digital file. I should head out there with my DSLR and make some weekend cash.

Let's ride again soon! I should be free next weekend... and just about all of them. :rolleyes:

nick
These are only ten bucks and videos are kind of cool Mt Palomar Videos And Photos
dont know if that link will work lol

It would take me about five seconds to snap shot these pics or record these videos......... If anyone wants there video just let me know i can record it and send it to you somehow.

Last edited:

nick

Majdi got a locksmith to make a key for him using the two pieces. He couldn't get gas because of the broken key and he was lucky to have the FZ6 because he was able to round trip on the fuel he started with yesterday.

He shorted the wires last night after he got back to base so he's hunting down the blown fuse so he can come over to my place and I'll rebutton everything up for him.

Thank your for service Majdi!:rockon:

Great day yesterday and thank you everyone for a safe and fun ride.

Bryan, That new route to Palomar is a standard now! Valley View was great! :D

Back