SoCal Thursday Aug. 9 ride!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah that's right Thursday. I actually set this day for a ride because I met someone who has that day off and has to work weekends. So anyone who can get off Thursday Aug. 9th is welcome.

Jblk9596 (Jerry) is on board and I was thinking Idyllwild, Ca. because it's a shorter trip for Jerry, we'll be at higher elevations and maybe cooler temps. Of course we'll still be at lower elevations dealing with some higher temps but the roads are so fun!
We'll lunch in town high in the mountains and get some of that fantastic 243 in.

So far:
Jblk9695 (Jerry) Tiger
Motogiro (Cliff) SV1000s
Linda FJR 1300

Last edited:

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think i have much to learn before i join yall for another mountainous ride, :BLAA: much learned the first time much to still learn haha

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think i have much to learn before i join yall for another mountainous ride, :BLAA: much learned the first time much to still learn haha

Just ride your ride. No judgement.... just riding. You're still welcome to ride. Just listen to us because we do have your welfare in mind as well as a good adventure and fun day! :)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Also: I don't want to be the guy that has to say this but I feel better knowing it's right to push this idea. I know no one has said it lately and it is assumed understood by members of our forum who participate on these rides. We are an ATGATT species. All The Gear All The Time. We like people to show up with the minimum protective jacket, pants, gloves, and of course helmet. You don't have to wear track leathers but at least something good for at least one slide and with armor. I've ridden with groups (not our forum) that tell people they're not welcome to ride with them because they come in jeans etc.

We are very a polite group and don't push the issue but you should really be in solid protective gear. I know it get's hot and the US has been having some uncanny hot weather this summer where it's hard to gear up.

Get that cool tail light after you get your ass protected! :D

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
IMG_3231.jpg

Hey Cliff, I "took one for the team" up here on hwy 299 so you guys should be good to go! NorCal tickets count for SoCal too, right?
The ticket was for passing on a double yellow-dang flatlander from Florida doing 35 in a 55 up hill. Humm.....

We were on the FJR and it only too a few moments for my wife to start snapping pictures :)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Cliff, I "took one for the team" up here on hwy 299 so you guys should be good to go! NorCal tickets count for SoCal too, right?
The ticket was for passing on a double yellow-dang flatlander from Florida doing 35 in a 55 up hill. Humm.....

We were on the FJR and it only too a few moments for my wife to start snapping pictures :)

LOL! Yeah I got a double yellow last year. CHP was hiding behind some bushes on 79 coming out of Julian where people full of apple pie and ice cream can hardly get going.
It's a straight section of road with a double yellow. Plenty of room, no driveways, no reason for the double yellow..... They wait in the bushes and when they hear a bike passing they jump out and flag you! LOL!

Never been treated unfairly or discourteously by CHP and most all of my run ins end with friendship. I broke the law. They up held it.
When ever I see J.Peterson I/we stop and chat.
Sorry you got the ticket and see you when you get here!:)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Crap, it just dawned on me that I have a DMV appointment on the 8th at 7:50 AM to get my drivers license renewed. Give me the route and I'll either meet you all on the road or in Idyllwild for lunch:thumbup:

Jerry

The 8th is Weds. We ride on the 9th Thurs. I posted the wrong date of the 10th for Thurs but the 10th is Friday. We're riding Thursday Aug. 9th.

I think we're getting Oldasshiemer's :rof:

Jerry: Which way do we turn?
Cliff: I dunno what direction is that apple pie smell coming from?

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
The 8th is Weds. We ride on the 9th Thurs. I posted the wrong date of the 10th for Thurs but the 10th is Friday. We're riding Thursday Aug. 9th.

I think we're getting Oldasshiemer's :rof:

Jerry: Which way do we turn?
Cliff: I dunno what direction is that apple pie smell coming from?

Ha Ha, well I just checked the print out and yep its Thurs the 9th:(
I said it before, I have CRS and now I can't even copy down the correct date:eek:
Sooooooo, what I said still stands, I'll meet you all on the road or Idyllwild:D

Jerry

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ha Ha, well I just checked the print out and yep its Thurs the 9th:(
I said it before, I have CRS and now I can't even copy down the correct date:eek:
Sooooooo, what I said still stands, I'll meet you all on the road or Idyllwild:D

Jerry

Not a problem Jerry. Got blue tooth in the helmet so just give a ring.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Also: I don't want to be the guy that has to say this but I feel better knowing it's right to push this idea. I know no one has said it lately and it is assumed understood by members of our forum who participate on these rides. We are an ATGATT species. All The Gear All The Time. We like people to show up with the minimum protective jacket, pants, gloves, and of course helmet. You don't have to wear track leathers but at least something good for at least one slide and with armor. I've ridden with groups (not our forum) that tell people they're not welcome to ride with them because they come in jeans etc.

We are very a polite group and don't push the issue but you should really be in solid protective gear. I know it get's hot and the US has been having some uncanny hot weather this summer where it's hard to gear up.

Get that cool tail light after you get your ass protected! :D

Timely reminder Cliff, well stated. :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Update.

So far:
Jblk9695 (Jerry) Tiger
Motogiro (Cliff) SV1000s
Linda FJR 1300
happyker
(Kerri) (Possible, Not confirmed)

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well fart. Thursday and Friday are blown for me. :( Baby has Dr. appt. and so do I. Next time fellas!

I might try to sneak a ride in this weekend...not sure on that yet! :rolleyes: