Some old picks

What are they, 4 hrs old?!

Haha!

Nice! Make me want to load up and take a camping trip.

What are they, 4 hrs old?!

Haha!

Nice! Make me want to load up and take a camping trip.

That's the problem. I wish they were only four hours old. I need a road trip, but the closest I can get tonight is looking at old pics.

You made me dig out one I hadn't seen in a while. This is the southern face of Mt St Helens, at the highest point you can drive to on that side of the mountain. It blew directly 'away' from this direction.

Picture011.jpg

Just wanted to share some of my favorite old pics.

Very nice pics, and a very nice bike! :thumbup: The scenery looks quite similar to the mountainous areas here in Norway.

BTW: I notice the bike has only one running light. You should seriously consider doing the dual headlight mod (if legal where you're at). It makes the bike look so much better. The bike deserves it. :)

You made me dig out one I hadn't seen in a while. This is the southern face of Mt St Helens, at the highest point you can drive to on that side of the mountain. It blew directly 'away' from this direction.

Picture011.jpg

I'm familiar with that mountain! Haven't taken the bike up there though. I hear the road down to St. Helens from highway 12 is a good one. Aww crap, that means I have to plan another ride!

Very nice pics, and a very nice bike! :thumbup: The scenery looks quite similar to the mountainous areas here in Norway.

BTW: I notice the bike has only one running light. You should seriously consider doing the dual headlight mod (if legal where you're at). It makes the bike look so much better. The bike deserves it. :)

I agree - it does deserve it. I've been planning to do the dual headlight thing for a while, just haven't gotten around to it.

I'm familiar with that mountain! Haven't taken the bike up there though. I hear the road down to St. Helens from highway 12 is a good one. Aww crap, that means I have to plan another ride!

Coming in from the West, I've been up to hurricane ridge a few times..... that's a good ride. Interesting to see the bits of civilization sticking out of the lahare..... When you folllow the river on the roads above, you'll see power lines sticking out of the mud/banks..... very creepy.

The South and West areas have wonderful, scenic roads. Some of the pavement is pretty choppy, but it's all worth it. Low traffic, good scenery, lots of elevation changes.... good spots to take a break and soak in some history.

Now a few from today's ride. Crazy windy. At points we had to have 30mph sustained - gusts over 40. Not unheard of for Central Washington, but I've never done it while riding two-up before. I'll just say that my wife was not happy with me (hey, I can't control the weather!).

There were a few of us out, but mostly cruisers. As you can see, I had the best looking bike of the bunch.

If you're familiar with my area, then I hope you've been to The Tav. Nothing beats a bacon blue mother, stack of onion rings, and a pint of Irish Death. Well, today I left the pint out. . . . save it for another time.:rockon:

Back