Speedo Healer V4 & Gorilla 7007 Alarm

rivettm

Reaction score
Visit site
Gorilla 7007 Alarm

Is anyone interested in these parts? If so I'll come up with prices and pictures.

Speedo Healer has been sold!

I'm going to re install the Gorilla. It should work properly now so I think it'll be worth keeping. Sorry.

Last edited:

rivettm

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like they sell for around $115 plus shipping of a few bucks. How does $75 shipped in the US sound?

rivettm

Reaction score
Visit site
Amazon has the 8007 for $80.00 which looks to be the same alarm maybe newer model. I'd do $45 shipped but I need to test it out first. I just took it out of my bike but it hadn't been connected for the last couple years.

I originally had it installed because I had to park the bike outside an apartment building in a less than great neighborhood. After I moved I found it to not be worth the hassle of false alarms.

During the removal I noticed it was not installed per the manual. The tilt sensor was not setup at all like it was supposed to be... Had I known all you had to do was hook it up to the battery I would have done this myself and saved a bunch of money and had it done right. I also didn't read the manual so didn't know all the different things you can do with the remote to disable/change the way the sensors work.

I'll get back to you after I test it out.

maybe interested in the alarm, depending on price....

rivettm

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a picture. The LED is still attached to my bike and not in the picture. I'd remove it and send it as well.

I am ordering a blinking LED, resistor, fuse, etc. to put where the one from the Gorilla is. I'm not convinced it would stop a theif but if nothing more it will fill the hole drilled in the fairing for the Gorilla.

I'm not sure when I can test it out but hopefully some time this week. My 4.5 month old daughter won't enjoy the testing! From what I remember it was extremely loud.

rivettm

Reaction score
Visit site
The tilt sensor is not working on the alarm. I hooked it up to a multimeter and the circuit won't close it just stays open.

I called Gorilla and they said they'd send me a new sensor no questions asked. Great customer support!

I may end up re-installing it and keeping it in the end. Will update post when I get and test the new sensor.