Sputtering and loss of power

krim

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Guys

I`m having issue with my FZ6 2009.(23800km).I have some Leo Vince i put on 2 years ago . Everything was fine until few days ago.

I adjust my idle since it was a little bit low. Everything was ok until 2 days ago. I`m experiencing jerking when i let the throttle go.
The jerking happens around 4000 rpm and 2 000rpm.

Today
I was doing a light riding and it was doing it. i stop and turned it off.

I turned the key on ON position and there was a continuous ticking . My dashboard wasn't lit except the right signal that i forgot to turn off.

Turn off the key and put t back on and it did it again for few second and everything came on as usual.
i went back home. it didn't do it again

It seem i m loosing power as well. I did a test tonight and i see the light flickering and dimming by it self . My RPM Gage went all the way 12 00 rpm and came back to normal(without giving any gas) while slowing down

The spark plugs were changed @ 22 775 km ( at the same time as oil change).

I've search in the forum and some people had similar problem except the Rpm Gage problem.

I'll have to check my battery first if the connection are not loose and after i'll double check my spark plugs.(i don't remember tighten them too tight)

grrrr

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There are a lot of issues that could cause that behavior but with the guages fouling up I would check all plugs and connections starting at the battery.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
While your there, if the battery terminals are indeed tight and clean, I'd pull the battery and have it load tested.

Most auto parts stores/Walmart, etc, can check it for you...

Its 3 years old and as Cliff stated either loose terminals or just a failing battery. It could have an internal short which comes and goes as well before fully failing...

Last edited:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah my bike did pretty much the same exact thing all it was, was the neg leed had come off the battery

krim

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah my bike did pretty much the same exact thing all it was, was the neg leed had come off the battery

I double check the battery and the negative was loose

Thanks to you Motogiro and TownsendsFJR1300 for your help.

It running like a Champ:BLAA: