Summer riding pants -- suggestions?

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys, although its been a while since I've posted last, I still browse the forums from time to time. I still have the FZ6 and she's still running strong, pushing 50,000 miles this summer (I hope!). I hope everybody's been doing well here! :D

Does anybody have any suggestions for riding pants that breath well and help keep you cool for those hot evenings? I've got some really good leathers but am lacking in the hot weather gear department.

Typically here in PA, its cold in the morning -- requiring leathers, and hot in the afternoon -- requiring mesh. I've found no single type of gear that is usable in both the morning and afternoon without leaving me uncomfortably cold or hot. I've lost hope of ever finding gear that fits the bill, but if anybody knows of any -- please do share!

Anyway, any suggestions for hot weather riding pants would be greatly appreciated! :)

KHarper4289

Reaction score
Visit site
Fully perforated leather track pants from Alpinestars. Vented and perforated throughout. Wear an underarmour layer of spandex in the mornings, remove before your ride home. The Coldpruf pants on Amazon also work well (50% polyester 50% wool, tight and form fitting). The Leathers slide over these two options very easily.

I did this in San Diego all winter. 40 degrees in the morning, 75 coming home (80 mile commute all highway).

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I recently purchased Sliders All Season 2 pants and jacket from Competition Accessories. After a week of rain I finally had a chance to try them out on a 2 hour ride in the 50's. So far, I'm really impressed with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dry Martini

Reaction score
Visit site
I am planning on purchasing a pair of Draggin jeans, with hip and knee armour.

This space intentionally left blank.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Motoport. ...
Motoport USA | Custom Motorcycle Apparel
When you consider the longevity, washability and superior protection these are the most performance and safety for the dollar. These should not be mistaken for the type pants that say they are Kevlar but are in fact a low percentage combination Kevlar and other material. The front of my Kevlar GP pant have 10 times the abrasion resistance of leather. The back of my pant is 4 times the abrasion resistance of leathers. Very good air flow! I wear these in the desert! We get very high temps in the desert. Also we can change temp very quickly because of elevation change alone. The people at this company are the best and will take care of any alteration needs you'll have because they are custom made from a pair of your favorite jeans that you send to them. I live close so they measured me right at there company location in San Marcos, Ca. Also they are the only textile allowed on tracks.
I know we have 3 members that wear Motoport/Cycleport gear..

Sent from Moto's Motorola

Last edited:

2wheelieadv

Reaction score
Visit site
I have this Revit Sand 2 pants REV'IT! Sand 2 Pants - RevZilla I use for all weather conditions. It has 2 linings good for 25 - 85f weather. Total of 4 variations depending on temps. The drowback is that you have to remove inner linings 1 by 1 the hoter it gets, and it's not a Goretex, so the waterproofing liner has to even even if it's warm.
Don't buy black, it attracts heat. Klim Mojave is an option for hotter weather like 65-85/90. Klim Mojave In The Boot Pants - RevZilla Afer that everything is hot.

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What's your budget?

If you want the best, I agree with Cliff, Motoport. I wore my Airmesh Kevlar back in Vegas when it was over 100 degrees every day during the summer, often into 110-115 degrees. I did wear my shorts underneath them. I have other pants, but these breath very well, and you can wear them in the winter, you can also purchase a liner for more warmth and waterproofing, but I rarely use them.

I ponied up almost $1000 for them, with all the bells and whistle. I still wear them, they are about 8 years old. Considering I ride every day, for 99% of the riders, it will last you a lifetime. However, mine is showing wear. It has been sent in for repair a couple of times. It needs to go back for repair again, my pants are starting to fray. Probably a first for Motoport. I also highly recommend their kevlar gauntlet racing glove. It lasted about five years, I'm on my 2nd pair now.