Surprise In The Airbox

j2theb

Reaction score
Visit site
So I bought a 2008 FZ6 a few months back and recently succumbed to the lucky pebble getting lodged between my radiator & the fan, burning out the fan motor. In the process of replacing the fan, I discovered this nice little surprise waiting for me as I took off the airbox:

xHdYBh.jpg

vZIfNh.jpg

I still have the bike apart, but I can't wait to start it back up. I feel as though I've probably never really event felt bike to its full potential. I mean, there was still a dead mouse carcass in there, turds sucked underneath the insulation!!!

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I hate mice with a passion. They have nested in every single vehicle I've ever owned, 2 in the heater blower and heater core...I haven't found one in the FZ6 yet but I always thought that air box would be a perfect nesting spot for one of the little ratbastards... :Flip:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
At least you noticed it before it caused big problems, and yeah I hate mice and rats with a passion as well lol

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I used the screen from an old filter to cover the opening so mice couldn't get into it any more on my FZ6.

Great idea and you can get a big piece of expanded lathe type metal form Home Depot or Lowes and cut your own piece to block out rodents.

Astennu

Reaction score
Visit site
This is a funny article, and parts are surprisingly true. Hope it's not a repost.

6 Things Nobody Tells You About Owning a Motorcycle:

6 Things Nobody Tells You About Owning a Motorcycle | Cracked.com

Well i can see how those things can happen. But i have only seen traffic problems. and that your cloathing can get smelly.

All the other things you read there have not happened to me yet. I keep my stuff inside the house and the bike in the garage. So far so good.