Tail light loose ?!?!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just peeked at mine. Its not half as loose as yours.

If you pop the seat off and look directly back to the rear, there's TWO PHILLIPS head screws holding it on. The wires for the bulb asssembly are dead smack in the middle..

They could either be loose OR the tabs that they screw into could be cracked / broke..

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, here's the parts link for the tail light assembly;

2007 Yamaha FZ6 (FZS6W) Taillight | Babbitts Online

Make sure you have everything there and nothing is cracked. There may be a hair line crack just looking from a foot away it may seem normal(remove the two screws and see if the plastic assembly is fine)...

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Im betting that the rubber grommets are not in the proper slots in the grabrail. The light should move and be a bit spongey they way it moves

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
When I installed my Motodynamics LED tail light I had enough of the looseness so I attached 2 pieces of black felt under the tail light using silicone on the exhaust frame to cushion it and keep it tight. Worked great.

eeyore

Reaction score
Visit site
Everything in the parts drawing seems to be there. Have a look at this pic where i got it circled. Thats the bottom rounded part of the lens. Is there something cracked off there?

Also, the name Kiote is on the lens in small letters. Is this a factory OEM lens?

A0oLIhSh.jpg

major tom

Reaction score
Visit site
Both my taillights flop up and down. I glued a discreet strip of rubber foam between the lens and the exhaust trim on my first one and didn't bother on the 2nd as it was not so loose.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
loks like a broken tab that holds the lens into the body of the lamp.
The tail light is a funny critter. There is no way it just slots in and out of the grabrail section without some manipulation.

I found out with trial/error and then plenty of helpful advice here on the forum.

I was tryiny to fit an LED taillight and could not for the life of me figure how to get it in to the grabrail(square peg - round hole dilemma)
I almost took the lens out of the bdy to do it and the end result would probably be exactly what you have now. the lens and body are a reasonably thick but brittle plastic designed to be fitted to gether initially and not taken apart.
TRhe method to fit or remove a tailight assembly requires turning the grabrail uside down putting pressure on both rails to force the tail light aperture apart just enough for the light to slide in/out easily. Best with two people but can be done by one.

Looking at what you have, you could pop the lens and refelctor parts of the tail light, re-glue as needed and re fit.

as well as some others I have used some bits of rubber to minimise the amount of movement of the lamp assembly in the tail grabrail

good
luck with it