TCP seat cowling

• Total voters

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the seat cowl because it takes away the god awful ugly look of our FZ6 seat. Our seat is one long black banana seat. The seat cowl adds some definiton to the seat, making it a two piece part. That's why I have a tail bag on the back of my bike. It helps take away the banana seat look. But I woud be interested in a group buy if the price is $200 or less..

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the seat cowl because it takes away the god awful ugly look of our FZ6 seat. Our seat is one long black banana seat. The seat cowl adds some definiton to the seat, making it a two piece part. That's why I have a tail bag on the back of my bike. It helps take away the banana seat look. But I woud be interested in a group buy if the price is $200 or less..

+1 on that, and a group buy would be awesome, might be the only way i can get my hands on one.

:thumbup:

SueMc

Reaction score
Visit site
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my seat cowl! I think I actually had it ordered before I had posession of my bike...

I found my way to the forum while searching for information on seat cowls for the 2007 FZ6!

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd buy one for $200 or less, but I ride 2-up enough that it may not be feasable. NO WAY would I pay more than that. Looks awesome though!

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
does anyone know if this will fit with the yamahe comfort seat?

Yes. It's compatible with the comfort seat. I recently installed the TCP seat cowl over the Yamaha Comfort seat.
You can read about it here

3242694982_4cec735c27_o.jpg

Last edited:

Serraph

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I paid $190 for mine last year before the price got bumped up to $275, but I still would have bought it even if I had to pay the extra $85. I hate saying anything bad about my beloved FZ6, but the stock banana seat is hideous...

25305233127512696987bzd8.jpg

Last edited:

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone up for a GROUP BUY on this?????

...I see there was recently one and if we get 10 cowls it could be worth it? I have the Powerbronze cowl that I had professionally painted to match the bike.....that cost me about 200+ anyway, and the TCP looks better imo. Here is my cowl, I will sell it here if we get a group buy, but I'm not familiar with making that happen....(???):confused:

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
lol I take mine off for daily commuting (came with the bike) as it is just a tad tall for me to easily get my leg over the bike.

but when I am riding hard it makes a difference, helps when you tuck as it helps hold you on the bike so you don't try to hold on too much to the handle bars.

but now that I think of it I really havn't used it since I got the tank gripper stuff for my legs.

it does look more race like with it in my opinion.

marsh0787

Reaction score
Visit site
has anyone orderd tcp from rideaddict.com? i'm not sure how to track my order...it's been allmost two and a half weeks.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered mine from RideAddict and had it picked up myself as to avoid the additional $20 delivery charge :thumbup:

Serraph

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
has anyone orderd tcp from rideaddict.com? i'm not sure how to track my order...it's been allmost two and a half weeks.

I had to wait about 3 week for mine since they didn't have them in stock when I ordered. It takes a while for stuff to come over from Europe. Call their customer service number and ask for an order status.

Items NOT in Stock
If merchandise is not in stock, and needs to be ordered from factory in Europe, products are shipped within 3-4 weeks, however, due mostly to traditional European vacation schedules, products may take longer to ship.
Shipping Policy

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
The reason why it's so expensive is because TCP is a company in Spain and the EURO => USD exchange rate + shipping rates make a big difference. They used to be lower than $200...

To answer the OP, I think it looks awesome and it also adds functionality as it will lock your butt in the seat when riding aggressively.

The long LT is typical... spanish ppl aren't in a hurry and then you got the 2 weeks of shipping from there to here...
Call the guy @ rideaddict... he owns and operates the website (pretty much alone) and is really cool (he lives right down the street from here, so I met him when I picked up mine a couple of years ago).

edzidan

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, I ordered one two weeks ago. Dones any one know how to contact rideaddict.com?? where is the phone # or the link for order status? Thanks in advance.

granda080

Reaction score
Visit site
I really like the seat cowling. I pretty much like all the available cowlings. The thing about anything for the bike or a car is that it will be expensive. I think if you can afford it, get it. I think it really looks great.
I'm not sure how I feel about pulling it on and off all the time, when the lady wants to hop on. I am also curious if my Cortech bags would still be able to be attached. Any knowledge on that?