Texas FZ6 Forum.com Three Sisters Campout Ride

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Can I bring Extra's? And please give me all the details tat you can. I thought that the ride was for Aug. This is good, real good.

Bodarc

All the details are on the first post of the thread. We can check in the evening of the 10th, Friday, check out the morning of the 12th, Sunday.

The cabins are a motorcycle/bicycle only place but if you are hauling they will allow your truck/car/trailer.

I have 5 cabins with two double beds each reserved. As far as the cost we can square that away when we arrive. $65.00 a night off of the top of my head.

The owner of the cabins will shop for us for a $15.00 fee and have all of our food and drinks waiting for us Friday. She has ice chests so you could ride down if you wish.

As far as activities, the ride is the big thing on Saturday. The rest of the time is wide open; fishing, tubing, sleeping, eating, whatever you like. On Sunday is the AMA SuperMoto race in Austin on Town Lake (Lady Bird Johnson Lake). I know I am planning to see that, never been to big AMA event before and SuperMoto is SO cool.

If you want to bring others you are welcome to do so.

I hope you can make it! :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am pretty sure. I haven't had a chance to really look into it yet.

Not sure if I can ride on Saturday. The project I am working on this week just grew by about 25% today.... I'll let you know.

Hondo64d

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know that I'll spend the night, as I would probably head down to my brother-in-law's in Castroville. The ride sounds like a whole bunch of fun, though. Wehn are you leaving Austin? Maybe we can link up for the ride there.

John

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
^^^ I will leave Austin on Friday afternoon and we'll do the ride Saturday. I'm guessing we'd roll at 9 to 10 to begin the ride??? Not sure yet. I'm open to suggestions on things people would like to do.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder that we are still on for the Texas get together in Leakey on OCT 10, 11 and 12.

If you would like to go please let me know so I can add more cabin space.

Please see the first post of the thread for all the details, and don't forget the Super Moto race in Austin on Sunday the 12th, downtown on Lady Bird Johnson Lake. Should be very cool.

If you have questions please PM me.

Kilbane83

Member With Members
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd be intrested in going for the ride on sat, not going to be able to spend the night. What time where you planning on starting the ride? And what kind of riding is it going to be? I've never ran that loop so I seriously doubt I"m goin to be a speed demon on it heh.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
^^^ 9 am to 10 am start, I guess. I've always been an early morning rider, fewer cars, cops and other riders on the road.

Bottomline...we will start when everyone is ready.

I will also have strip maps for everyone with rally points so people can ride at their own pace. I haven't ridden real twisties in several months and I'll be two up so I won't be blazing. Besides its hard to hang off when your back it being pounded on!

I am also a big advocate of riding the PACE. Motorcycle Riding Pacing Tips - Sport Rider
It is a great way to do a group ride, be safe and still have losts of fun.

From SA I'd guess Leakey is about 90 minutes away, does that work? (Need to look at the map.) It would be great if you can make it.

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello! How is everyone's schedule? I think I'm going to take Friday off completely and take my time getting up there. Depending on what time you guys leave Austin I could be there and we could ride down to Leaky together.

I haven't seen the steam come out of the wife's ears yet but I'm doing what I can keep her from building up pressure. Our 10 year anniversary is Oct. 17th.

I have made up my mind that I'm going so any suggestions that would keep her from exploding would be helpful.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Everyone, I am FINALLY back in Austin.

This week I will confirm our cabins and confirm the pricing. Also what do you want for meals? I'm assuming meat to grill, maybe corn on the cob, salads, sodas and beer. For breakfast there are several resturants. Or does everyone one just want to eat out??? Or we can do a mix. Remember the cabin owner will buy the food and beer ahead of time for only a $15.00 fee and have it on ice for us. She also has coolers. Please let me know.

I will also work on getting strip maps a made for the ride and a list of the things to do in the area.

I will also look up the Super Moto information.

I will PM each of you on the list to confirm, just PM me back with a go or no-go.

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Houston area!

I'm loading my bike in my truck up to D,Rose cabins. The truck is a 4 door F150 and I think two bikes will fit in the back, so if you want to load your bike and ride with me let me know. I cover gas for the truck as well. I'm taking off Friday around noon.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Thanks for posting that. I'd been thinking about hauling my bike from Austin, simply so we'd have a four wheel vehicle for beer runs or dealing with any breakdowns. If you're bringing your truck, then I get to ride down!

Fred

corekneelius

Reaction score
Visit site
weather.com says 40% chance/rain saturday, 60% sunday...sooooo...still gonna make it happen? i will re-check forecast in a couple of days!

i hope it holds out!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I rode a 55 mile bicycle road race there in the rain and FROZE my lycra covered ass off. We are still on as this thing is within the cancel policy zone and its on my CC. :eek:

I'm sure it will be a bright and sunshiny day! Positive thoughts everyone, no bad mojo! :cheer:

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's suppose to be from a cold front moving through, which right now this cold front is out in the pacific ocean on the other side of Washington, I think it will be fine.