The Aussie Gear & Accessories review's & view's thread!

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thought I'd review my leather jacket.

Teknic Chicane.

Lots of perforations. Good airflow.

Very comfortable - quality zip, pockets etc. Quality, well made jacket.

Took me a long time to get one, but finally happy with my decision.

$595 - not too bad.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you won lotto Jamie? If so, share ;) You've been spending up big lately

Nope, just working harder, and Winter is always the busiest time of the year for my event management company...

Plus i have been saving up cash for the Engine work, and have been hanging off on lots of stuff till i got closer to doing the motor...

Wait till you see the final list of mods for the bike this time...then you will think i am truly bonkers! even more so than you probably do already!

:eek:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thought I'd review my leather jacket.

Teknic Chicane.

Lots of perforations. Good airflow.

Very comfortable - quality zip, pockets etc. Quality, well made jacket.

Took me a long time to get one, but finally happy with my decision.

$595 - not too bad.

Teknic gear is very nice, but at the pricey end of the market!

I was looking at Dianese, but i just cant justify the price tag...it doesnt feel that much better on.

:thumbup:

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Teknic gear is very nice, but at the pricey end of the market!

I was looking at Dianese, but i just cant justify the price tag...it doesnt feel that much better on.

Yeah, bit pricey, but being a woman and not liking womens jackets, it was hard to find a mans jacket that fitted me, and this did :thumbup:

As for Dainese, Mike used to have a "tech 3" I think. Cost about $900 12 years ago! Unfortunately it went down on the main straight at Barbagallo Raceway a few years ago. Pity, it was a nice jacket. He's got an Alpinestar one now - quite happy with it.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, the RST leather jacket, that i have on order at Peter Stevens, has still not come in! 7 weeks after i ordered it, and 4 weeks after thy said it would be in the shop by!!!!

I went & picked up the 50% deposit they made me pay to get the thing bought in (which i thought was a toss to start with!!!), and told them i cannot wait any longer for them to get it sorted, while $220 of my hard earned is sitting in their bank account gathering interest!!!

They told me that they would still be getting it in, and that they would call me, when it does finally arrive....i am not holding my breathe!!!

All in all a pretty negative experience!

Gruuuuuuumpy!

:(

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My RST textile pants are amazing, can't be happier with them. Definately will be sticking with the brand in future when possible.

That's the worst part...i love RST gear, it's very well made, looks great, and is resonably priced! Pitty we cant get it in my size in SA! :(

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've noticed its not readily available even here, the places that stock it have terrible ranges, and most places just don't

It seems the same for most of the Imported brands unfortuneatly....I have never had a problem getting a hold of any of the Aussie Made stuff, and i suppose, there really is nothing that wrong with the 2 piece RJays leather's i have now...especially since i got the torn pocket lining & main zip fixed!

I wore the RJays suit when i went for a ride yesterday, and it was comfortable...and since i have had the zip replaced, it seems to have tightened up the jacket a bit across the front, which is what i was wanting...before it bulged out, and sorta hung, rather than hugged my body, like decent sports leathers should.

So maybe this unavailability was a blessing in disguise....it motivated me to fix my old suit, and like it again!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Watch this space !!! My 8 month old Dririder Aspen jacket is being returned tomorrow because it has started ripping :mad: on the hip of all places :shakehead: no stitching anywhere near it , it's just ripped in the middle of nowhere :confused:..... If their customer support is not up to scratch i can feel a rant coming on :spank:

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Watch this space !!! My 8 month old Dririder Aspen jacket is being returned tomorrow because it has started ripping :mad: on the hip of all places :shakehead: no stitching anywhere near it , it's just ripped in the middle of nowhere :confused:..... If their customer support is not up to scratch i can feel a rant coming on :spank:

Wow! Have never heard of Dri Rider stuff falling apart....RJays Gloves, And Dri-Rider Gloves...Yes! But Dri Rider Jackets....i thought they were pretty decently made!

:popcorn:

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dririder? Same here. Mike has had Dri-rider winter jackets in the past and they've been great. We're both on our 2nd season of Dri-rider winter gloves too and they are also fantastic.

Wait to see what happens :popcorn:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I to have never heard of them just falling apart , odd that it is nowhere near a seem :(..... Im hoping its just a flaw in that peice of material because they have always been great jackets..... I'll know tomorrow what they say i guess...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I to have never heard of them just falling apart , odd that it is nowhere near a seem :(..... Im hoping its just a flaw in that peice of material because they have always been great jackets..... I'll know tomorrow what they say i guess...

Must of been all that Humpy "Machismo" bursting out, and blasting a hole in your poor unsuspecting jacket! :BLAA:

:scared: