The Aussie Gear & Accessories review's & view's thread!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Havent bought anything yet , I did however bath my summer mesh jacket yesterday it is getting a little warm for a full textile one now :D... Definately going to buy some summer gloves on the weekend as the ones from the last couple of summers are cactus , probably go with another pair of Shift Streetfighter had a good run out of the last pair :thumbup:

Im still undecided if im going to replace the AGV yet , a new visor & she is fine now :cheer: But I do really really like the look of the new OGK FF-5 in green :drool:
2571_image.jpg

Yes, the OGK helmets look very nice....what's the Safety rating on them...do you know Humpy???

:thumbup:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, the OGK helmets look very nice....what's the Safety rating on them...do you know Humpy???

Not sure what the SHARP rating is (never tested i dont think) but the FF-5 is a race spec , tri composite helmet as used by Kousuke Akiyoshi in MotoGp since 2008 , so I guess it'll match any application i'll ever throw at it :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As of 1st of July next year ,we dont either :cheer:

Yes, i did hear this...was told by the guy at Motor Rego recently, when i registered my car!

Bout bloody time too! But the replacement technology is very Big Brotherish! Not quite a transponder, but close enough...the new scanners in cop cars, automatically scan every number plate that it see's on the road, in front of it, giving the Police almost instant notification of any non registered vehicle, the registered owners driving record, etc, etc...

:eek:

This is sorta good i suppose, as it will keep unregistered cars off the road!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, after my last spill, my nearly 3 year old R-Jays leather jacket is looking a little worse for wear...nothing too much wrong with it, just very very scuffed! It has also become very loose, a combination of me loosing a little bit of weight recently, and the jacket stretching, and as such, it is not the nice snug fit i like when riding a bike...

So it was replacement time...my matching R-jays pants are like old slippers, super comfy, and still in pretty decent condition regardless of crashes! So i wanted a jacket that would zip straight to the pants, and i like R-jays leather stuff, so it was R-Jays again! The Diablo jacket i had is now discontinued and replaced with the Speedstar jacket, which Mikey now owns....so i was'nt going to get one of those! It's bad enough that both our bikes are black!

So instead i got the very "racy" looking "Tattoo" jacket!
RJays Tattoo Jacket

A beautiful matte finished leather, white double stitched jacket!
100% A-Grade drum dyed race weight leather
White stitched highlights
Small race style speed hump
CE Approved, moulded plastic reinforced shoulder and elbow armour
Removable, Back Protector
2 shoulder air vent openings
Kevlar inserts in arms
Perforated leather under the arms
Stretch panels behind the shoulders, behind elbows & around the waist
Removable inner quilted vest
Zip to pants
5 pockets

retails for $400, i got it for $280! Well, Jess did, it is my Christmas present!
View attachment 32737

View attachment 32738

Woohoo!

Dont get it till Christmas day...thems the rules apparently! So no review as yet, but at this point, i fits real snug, and has very narrow arm cuffs...great for Sports gloves....my only real whinge about my last R-Jays jacket, it used to bunch at the wrist! In fact, i may even go and get this jackets sleeves shortened if i think bunching could become an issue! and it is an issue when it happens...it freaking hurts when gloves and jacket are fighting with each other!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok , heres the lowdown on my new Shift Stealth summer gloves as seen here ;)
shift_glove_stealth_blk_142.jpg
I have been in the market for a couple of months now for a new pair of summer gloves & much to my disgust I found that my old & loved Shift Streetfighters are no longer a continued item :( So hunting high & low , brand by brand I thought i'd give another pair a Shifts a run , quality seems just as good as my old pair which lasted 3 years & were used everyday so it should be great :thumbup: , lightweight , awesome airflow & great comfort = win win win :rockon: The palms are leather with a textile upper , injection moulded knuckle protecters & are about middle of the pack price wise , I think they were a good price at $60 :)... They are what you would expect out of a summer glove , not made to be used on the track.. I only intend on using them for commuting & the odd summer afternoon cruise so im happy to have the short wrist & textile upper , I also noticed on my ride to work this morning that the slight breeze the glove allowed up my jacket sleeve made the humid QLD ride very pleasant indeed :rockon:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok , heres the lowdown on my new Shift Stealth summer gloves as seen here ;)
shift_glove_stealth_blk_142.jpg
I have been in the market for a couple of months now for a new pair of summer gloves & much to my disgust I found that my old & loved Shift Streetfighters are no longer a continued item :( So hunting high & low , brand by brand I thought i'd give another pair a Shifts a run , quality seems just as good as my old pair which lasted 3 years & were used everyday so it should be great :thumbup: , lightweight , awesome airflow & great comfort = win win win :rockon: The palms are leather with a textile upper , injection moulded knuckle protecters & are about middle of the pack price wise , I think they were a good price at $60 :)... They are what you would expect out of a summer glove , not made to be used on the track.. I only intend on using them for commuting & the odd summer afternoon cruise so im happy to have the short wrist & textile upper , I also noticed on my ride to work this morning that the slight breeze the glove allowed up my jacket sleeve made the humid QLD ride very pleasant indeed :rockon:

the last line is why I choose to ride with my fly at half mast:BLAA:

appollo

Reaction score
Visit site
finaly got my motoport kevlar suit in last week ill post some pics later tonight. so far though I am very impressed feels good has tons of armor is light and comofortable to wear :D

I grabbed the kevlar gloves aswel which are pretty good much lighter than my old ones but tougher :D

appollo

Reaction score
Visit site
apologies for the crappy pic but i am really impressed with this gear its tailor made and fits very well, pretty much doesnt feel like im wearing anything other than normal clothes.

both the pants and jacket beather well and are very cool and they have thermal and wet liners that cover to temps colder than i will ever see here :D

i got the pants that go over your clothes so i can wear my normal clothes to work without having to change etc, feels really comfy in stubbies and tank top under the suit aswell hehe

the armor etc needed a cpl rides to bed in and now its pretty sweet definately worth the wait.

i waited 12 months to lose a ****load of weight then it was 6 weeks from order till the gear was made and shipped out.

the only thing i can find to fault is that the kevlar seems a little slipperier than than other materials feels a bit like linen but not enough thats its a concern and the guy from motoport ive spoken with says that will settle :D

bottom line is i cant recommend this stuff enough, ive had a couple of mesh jackets and this stuff is in a league of its own :D.

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, after my last spill, my nearly 3 year old R-Jays leather jacket is looking a little worse for wear...nothing too much wrong with it, just very very scuffed! It has also become very loose, a combination of me loosing a little bit of weight recently, and the jacket stretching, and as such, it is not the nice snug fit i like when riding a bike...

So it was replacement time...my matching R-jays pants are like old slippers, super comfy, and still in pretty decent condition regardless of crashes! So i wanted a jacket that would zip straight to the pants, and i like R-jays leather stuff, so it was R-Jays again! The Diablo jacket i had is now discontinued and replaced with the Speedstar jacket, which Mikey now owns....so i was'nt going to get one of those! It's bad enough that both our bikes are black!

So instead i got the very "racy" looking "Tattoo" jacket!
RJays Tattoo Jacket

A beautiful matte finished leather, white double stitched jacket!
100% A-Grade drum dyed race weight leather
White stitched highlights
Small race style speed hump
CE Approved, moulded plastic reinforced shoulder and elbow armour
Removable, Back Protector
2 shoulder air vent openings
Kevlar inserts in arms
Perforated leather under the arms
Stretch panels behind the shoulders, behind elbows & around the waist
Removable inner quilted vest
Zip to pants
5 pockets

retails for $400, i got it for $280! Well, Jess did, it is my Christmas present!
View attachment 32737

View attachment 32738

Woohoo!

Dont get it till Christmas day...thems the rules apparently! So no review as yet, but at this point, i fits real snug, and has very narrow arm cuffs...great for Sports gloves....my only real whinge about my last R-Jays jacket, it used to bunch at the wrist! In fact, i may even go and get this jackets sleeves shortened if i think bunching could become an issue! and it is an issue when it happens...it freaking hurts when gloves and jacket are fighting with each other!

Ok, i have had this jacket for a few weeks now, and have managed to wear it about 15 times so far....

As i thought, i will need to get the sleeves shortened by about 20-30mm i think, just to make things a bit less crowded around the wrist area....damn you short arms!

Comfort wise, the jacket is much like my previous Rjays jacket...a generous fit, that suits some of the better fed amongst us!

This jacket only haves 2 vents (on the shoulder's), but it has'nt too hot to wear on the bike, even on 30+c days...

For cooler days, there is the zip out vest style, quilted liner, and whilst this is not the warmest option on a cold day, you are kept reasonably warm, with the jacket zipped up....this is probably the flip side of there only being 2 vents, and the absence of perforated leather the length of each arm, like on my previous Rjays leather jacket......which got rather breezy on a cold night, without thermals, or at least a long sleeved T-Shirt.

The build quality seems to be up to normal Rjays levels....pretty decent for the price, but i do expect the jacket to start detoriating in quality in about 2-3 years of heavy use....cause that's what happened with the last Rjays jacket, ad this one looks to be made with exactly the same zips, etc....and the zips do die....i have replaced the main zip,and one of the sleeve zips on my last jacket....

The CE approved armour is decent on all Rjays stuff, and this jacket is no exception. The armour is not intrusive when riding...in fact, you dont notice it. The pre-curved arms contribute to this comfort, as does the captive pockets that all the armour resides in, stopping the armour from moving about.

As per my other sports style leather jacket from Rjays, if you were the jacket without it zipped to a matching set of leather pants, the jacket will ride up at the back....exposing your lower back, or worse!!!!, especially if you are "humping the turtle" on a sports bike, but is not so bad on a standard FZ6.

overall, i give the jacket the following scores...

Comfort: 8/10
Fit: 8/10
Armour: 9/10
Versatility: 7/10
Looks: 9/10
Buld quality: 7.5/10
Value: 10/10

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: