The Aussie Gear & Accessories review's & view's thread!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm bored....so here's another review!

Sidi Vertigo Boots...crashed, thrashed & bashed!!!
View attachment 21995

View attachment 21996

I bought a pair of these things about 12 months ago, and have ridden in them for everything...touring, commuting, sport riding, and at the track, walked all over the place in them, smashed them into the back of a four wheel drive, nearly pulling the front of the boot off, and have highsided at the track in the them....i have replaced, scraped parts of the boots...as Sidi Boots have spares....

I have broken both zip, tags, and mysteriously, one of the zips broke, when they were in being fixed, i actually received them back with a broken zip, after sending them away to be fixed without a broken zip!

In both of my accidents, i have had minor fractures in my feet, but in both cases, i believe that if i was wearing a lower spec boot, then my feet would of been completely mashed, especially when i hit the 4 wheel drive...the left foot took a hammering....

these boots are incredibly comfortable, a very good fit, and the custom fit, calf tension thingo at the back of each boot, is awesome...

Only time i have had problems with the fit of the boot, is when i have been trying to wear them on feet that are still swollen from either bruising, or a DVT!!!

In fact, i think this is the reason i have broken both zip tags...trying to pull a zip up over a calf, and ankle, that was about a third bigger than normal...

I think they look awesome, they are waterproof, they have closeable vents o the side of the boots, which do help in hot weather...they have big fat shin plates, decent toe sliders, and great ankle support.

The only thing i can really pick on, is the sole....seems to wear quickly....although on the next model up, the Sidi Vertigo Corsa, the sole is replaceable...

Awesome boots, if your after a pair oif boots that will get you through the best and the worst, more than just a few times, with top level comfort & protection, i reckon you cant go past these boots.

:rockon:

appollo

Reaction score
Visit site
how are they for walking around in was looking at a pair of rossis, as theyre known to be quite comfi and would save me havign a 2nd pair of shoes at work :p

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
how are they for walking around in was looking at a pair of rossis, as theyre known to be quite comfi and would save me havign a 2nd pair of shoes at work :p

Mate,I have had my rossi's for about 10 years and they are as comfortable as a pair of uggies ,replaced one zip in that time :thumbup:

Mind you,I have been told I,m old school when it comes to my gear ,lol

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Mate,I have had my rossi's for about 10 years and they are as comfortable as a pair of uggies ,replaced one zip in that time :thumbup:

Mind you,I have been told I,m old school when it comes to my gear ,lol

The old school stuff is made to last, trying to get the same quality, craftmanship and attention to detail as what was aviable then is almost impossible. Plus all the new stuff is so gaudy!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
An update on my RJays 2 piece leather suit, and my Sidi Vertigo boots, all this gear is just over 12 months old, and has been crashed, thrashed, and bashed in all types of conditions...for over 30000km's.

anyway, it was all looking a bit ragged, as i have never really given them a decent clean, or conditioned the leather in anyway.

Well, i gave them all a good clean with Kiwi lanoline cream, and polished the boots with good ol shoe polish....

Gear came up a treat, and the leathers especially, are almost as good as the day i bought them!

That's damn good value for just over $500 for the pants & jacket combined...both with full CE approved armour, and they zip together.

Boots have had a bit of a makeover...CF shin plates, replaced a zip, and a couple of other small parts, as the result of 2 pretty decent accidents in them.

All up i am giving the Leathers a 5/5 rating, and the boots a 4/5 rating...due to an issue or two with the zips....

View attachment 22521

View attachment 22522

View attachment 22523

View attachment 22524

:rockon:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bought myself a new Dririder Aspen jacket today :cheer: Looks like the usual Dririder quality with plenty of pockets & a good liner :thumbup:.... Claiming to be 100% waterproof but we'll need to see some rain for that to be proven...

I'll do a full review after tomorrows ride :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bought myself a new Dririder Aspen jacket today :cheer: Looks like the usual Dririder quality with plenty of pockets & a good liner :thumbup:.... Claiming to be 100% waterproof but we'll need to see some rain for that to be proven...

I'll do a full review after tomorrows ride :D

Ride through a carwash...I dare you, Dan!:rockon:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well bought my oxford tank bag today, smallish but hopefully will do job.

Its not the size that counts Jules :D , seriously i have a Cargo Basics mini tank bag and it hold all the usual stuff , wallet , keys , phone , camera and its expandable so if it has to i can carry 2 600ml coke bottles fairly easily.... Really is a pretty good little bag with the hard cover top section which is waterproof to really protect your camera :thumbup:

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
mine a little bigger is a mag tank bag or strap on seat bag, comes with built in straps and occy straps.

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Went for an early morning ride this morning to try out my new Falco Axis boots.....

These boots are so much lighter than my old Dririders , comfort was good for the hour or so i was on the bike not what i was expecting out of a brand new boot , if it rains tomorrow like the weatherman says it is going to then i'll find out how waterproof they are but so far im very happy with my purchase and would recommend them :thumbup:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great idea for a thread! It's always so hard to buy accessories as you pay a lot of money and never know what you're getting.

Here's what I have:

Helmet - Shoei RF1000 - Butterfly (cause I'm a real girlie at heart....)
Very comfortable, quiet and pretty.....

Winter gloves - Dririder Nordic - really warm without restricting movement.

Summer gloves - Alpinestars Octane - cool, great airflow but with plenty of protection for knuckles.

Boots - Berik GP-X - waterproof boots - light and comfortable. Good ankle and shin protection.

Winter jacket - Rivet Freeway Plus - had it for 10 years, still like new. Warm and keeps me dry.

Summer jacket - AGV Sport Aeromesh - good airflow.

Leather jacket - Don't have one yet. Too many on market to decide. Also, most of the women's jackets I have seen in perth are pink or white. Not my colours. I know I have a butterfly on my helmet, but that is the limit of my girlieness..... Too much and I lose my street cred. LOL.

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just add to my gear like Kazza has done :thumbup: :D.....

Helmet - AGV Stealth , light , comfy and NO buffeting at all :cheer: , a tad noisy but thats the price you pay for what i consider the BEST ventilation on the market.....

Gloves - Shift Streetfighter , awesome airflow and good protection , no real need for winter gloves up this way but i do have and old pair of Dririders i use if it gets to cold....,

Pants - Draggin' Jeans , Aussie made need i say anymore.....

Boots and Jacket ive already done , only other gear i have/need is a Dririder neck sock for those really cold winter mornings :D.....

Ohh and i nearly forgot , Dririder wet weather pants , they aint to bad but dont really tighten up enough around the ankle so the front wheel tends to flick water up the leg anyway :( ohh well for the most part i stay dry....

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Forgot these:

Draggin jeans - well said Humperdinkel, Aussie made, there is NO need to say more....

Aquastar wet weather pants - cheap ($49) but definately not nasty. Keep me dry, although I do prefer to ride when it's not raining.

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
These are the things i can think of now but i may add more later

Helmet: shoei xr1100 (rf1100). very very comfortable, awsome ventilation, quietest helmet i have had but had a slight whisle when i first got it but that was an easy fix by moving the side pods back a little. Came with the pinlock system already installed and I use the tinted pinlock with it and it works great and is easy to take on and off. Looks sick to
RF-1100-Firestrike-TC-3.jpg

Jacket: Motodry Demon. The old man got me this when i first started riding cheap but a nice jacket aswell. its a textile jacket with a removable winter liner and is very warm in winter (minus') and nice and cool in summer, need to get myself a summer jacket but this one works well for now. also has removable armor and is extremly waterproof.
Demon_Armour_BLACK.jpg

Pants: draggin jeans silverback model. The best jeans i have ever owned in my short life. i wear them every weekday to and from work (about 110km trip) for almost 2 years, wear them everytime i go riding, even wear them out to dinner because they are so nice and they dont show any signs of wear yet besides the parts at the back of the heals, they come out of the wash like new every time even after hundreds of washes. havnt had them touch the ground yet (hope they never do) but i am confident they will hold up well, cant speak highly enough of these jeans they are great and i will be buying another pair very soon to add to the collection:thumbup:
silverbacks-grey-djsb-front.jpg

Summer gloves: Rjays Bandit. I havnt had these gloves for long (about 3500km) but are a great glove and i have worn them in everything from 45c to low 20s. they keep my hands nice and cool even in the 40cs, fit is perfect for me, the palm doesnt bulk up like some ive tried and the fingers are just the right length.
bandit.jpg

Winter gloves: Ixon pro-top hp2. when its was starting to get cool last year i went and asked the boss what he recomended for gloves and i am glad i did because he sugested these and they are brilliant! i went from gettin to work with my old (cant even remeber the brand) winter gloves with silk linners as well and my hands being frozen to taking off just the gloves and my hands being a natural colour:thumbup: they are also a great fit and the leather feels nice to touch. i will be putting a set of powermadd handguards on my bike for the winter for that little bit more protection (cant have enough when you commute 60kms in the minus')
e6082.jpg

Boots:i am guilty of not yet buying a pair of road boots:spank: not good when i work in a bike shop. A lot of the time i use the good ol blundstones.

I also use my pair of offroad boots Fox comp 5 s. these boots are a shorty version of the offroad boot and i have found to be great offroad quadriding and even better on road :eek: they are easy to walk in, fits very well, offer good protection (i think anyway) dont have the normal MX boots steel part on the toe, waterproof unless dunked in a puddle, are good to wear all day and work with the bike realy well making it easy to use the controls
08FoxComp5SLG.gif

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pressed go on a new set of 2 piece road leathers yesterday...the Ol Rjays suit is looking a bit worn, has a broken zip on the jacket, it's lining is ripped in a couple of places, and it has stretched a bit...the jacket more so than the pants (the pants are awesome).

So i have had my eyes on these leathers for a while, some fine english made RST Rift leathers...Pants and jacket, in basic black, with a little bit of red & white lettering and stuff.

- 1.2 - 1.3mm premium grade, full grain and drum dyed cowhide
- KNOX Flexiform C.E. approved armour to shoulders and elbows
- DUPONT Kevlar stretch panels
- Neoprene comfort lining to collar and cuffs
- Triple and double stitched main seams
- 40s grade OXLEY bonded nylon thread for optimum burst strength
- Detachable 75g heat sealed quilted jacket
- SLIK zips used throughout including 360 degree attachment zip
- Perforated panels for hot weather comfort

Matte black leather, which seems a little firmer than the RJays suit i have now.

The RST leathers are a bit more racer orientated, than the touring themed Rjays leathers. The RST leathers are more form fitting, with pre-bent arms, and a much snugger fit...

hence me going from a 34 pant in the Rjays to a 36 pant in the RST...as for the jacket, the RST sizing is very small, i tryed on a size 60, and it fitted, but was very tight across the chest, so i am waiting for a 62 to come in, before i can pick up the suit...and no i have not got fatter since i bought the RJays suit! :D

The leathers have CE approved Knox Body armour, plus soft inserts elsewhere. The pants zip to the jacket, as per my RJays 2 piece suit. The bottom of the pants is also a lot lower profile than the RJays Diablo pants...meaning my Sidi boots will fit over them, and zip up easier with these new RST leathers.

here's a couple of pic's from the RST catalogue of my new threads...

The first photo is the one i have on order...
View attachment 26749

The second and third photo's are alternative views, in other colours that the suit is available in...
View attachment 26750

View attachment 26751

will post pictures of mine when i get them at the end of the month...or that's what the nice man from Peter Stevens told me today on the phone!

Price was good, $750, for the quality of the leathers, which looks to be a step up from the RJays suit...but time will tell...

The RJays suit set me back just over $500 2 years ago...and has been thrashed ever since...

Cant wait to get my new threads!

:thumbup: