The conversion thread - FZ6S to FZ6N

Gas222

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey,

I'm french but your posts was very useful for me... !

So I post some pictures of my FZ6S changed in FZ6N:

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
2007 Fz6s to FZ6N

I crashed this summer. Insurance paid me out so I bought it back for 750 bucks and went Naked. I will update this post with better/new pictures after I get the grips, barends and powdercoated rearsets installed.

Here is a list of Mods:

2009 R6 Gold Rims
Michelin Pilot Power 2CT
Two Brothers Carbon Fiber Pipes
Ceramic Coated Headers
Fz1N Headlight Kit
Pro Bolts Gold Gas Cap Bolts
Painted Gas Cap to match Frame
Painted Rad Gaurds to match Frame
Painted Tank, Pods and Tail Lexus Pearl White
Rizoma Radial Naked Mirrors
Rizoma Avio 21 Indicators Front and Back
Rizoma Adapters
Rizoma Bar Ends
Rizoma Billet Aluminum Sportline Grips (ordered)
Custom LED Electronic Flasher Relay
Pazzo Levers
Fz6n Clutch Perch
Smoked Led Taillight
Corbin Gunfighter Seat
Removed Center Stand
Gold Yamaha Tank Emblems
Carbon Fiber Hugger
Carbon Fiber Fender
Carbon Fiber Heel Insets
Deprettomoto Control footpegs
Deprettomoto Passenger footpegs
Deprettomoto horn Kit
Powercoated rearsets black (still at powder coaters)
Fz1 Bars
Headlight Modulator
Motovation Frame Sliders

IMG_2068.jpg

IMG_2078.jpg

IMG_2071.jpg

Last edited:

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
My bike as it was:
picture.php

Mods:
Homemade Exhaust Cans with integrated turn signals: http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-tos/23149-how-make-your-own-exhaust-slip-ons.html
2001 R1 Front Forks and brakes: http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-tos/32175-how-install-r1-forks-fz6.html
Bikers Choice Oval Mirrors: http://www.mawonline.com/google/T489653.HTM
Black Passenger Pegs, Silver Front Pegs: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Foot-Pegs-Front-Rider-Yamaha/dp/B001NLCIO6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1282951205&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Foot Pegs - Front Rider - Yamaha YZF R6 03-08, R6s 06-08, R1 04-08 - Black: Automotive[/ame]
Hella FF75 Driving Lights: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Hella-008284011-12-36-Single-Driving/dp/B000VU3E16/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1282951281&sr=1-2]Amazon.com: Hella 008284011 FF 75 Series 55 Watt 12-36 V H7 Type Single Driving Lamp: Automotive[/ame]
Homemade Headlight Brackets: (Diagram and measurements in this thread: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/32549-naked-phase-2-2-done-headlight-fender.html)
Instrument Guage mounted directly to handlebars

My bike as it is now:
picture.php

Future Mods:
R6 Swingarm (Already Have)
Undercarriage Exhaust (Have R6 Header that I will be working to convert)
Belly Pan (Already Have, just need to paint and mount)
Bobbed Tail
Rizoma Grips and Levers
Paint Scheme

Photoshop of my bike and where I hope to be when the mods are complete:
picture.php

Last edited:

samlynn37

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got my 08 FZ6S converted to FZ6N.. im a mechanic myself, but too bad i had to do all these in my garage.. after work and on my day off... took me 4 days (two after work days, and two garage days with no tools..) here is some before and after pics, wanna hear everyones feedback..

samlynn37

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got my 08 FZ6S converted to FZ6N.. im a mechanic myself, but too bad i had to do all these in my garage.. after work and on my day off... took me 4 days (two after work days, and two garage days with no tools..) here is some before and after pics, wanna hear everyones feedback..

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the pics. Looks good.

Oh, :welcome: to the forum

Dr.Landau

Reaction score
Visit site
Long time ay, I bought this 07" in 09" from a fz6forum member from Massachucets.

I have since trailed it to Florida and have been driving it with Givi bags and fairing for 6 months, 8500 miles. I really wanted to change things, but the conversions are WAY TOO EXPENSIVE. I just thought about something else...

I had a spare ALIEN headlight that was resident of CT and now FL, sitting, begging!! So I just started taking stuff apart, I wanted to see what the $400 was getting me. Not alot IMHO.

My methods were rudimentary at best, quite crude in reality. But it works and it didn't cost me anything I hadnt already spent.

Welded a little bracket for the guage. Used 2 outdoor hinges(hacked) to mount headlight to frame. Hack job worthy of refining! Ive still the wiring to sort out but WTF EVER>>>

The stance of the bike has completley changed, the front end feels much lighter, I wanna do endos all of a sudden....

QUESTION: Did you other guys have to break into the harness or has someone come up with a nice way of hiding it?

Last edited:

Dr.Landau

Reaction score
Visit site
Woo Hoo bump!

I've been chipping away at her, thanks again Erci for the wiring thread and speedo-cover, they both worked out tits!

I feel like a 5 year old again with a thick black magic marker, coloring every one of my Tonka's and MatchBoxes.

I used a powder from Caswell, "Black Magic" it seemed fitting, and gave me a black chrome look... IMO. I was torn on whether to coat the rearsets but have recently decided to do it. (I can always touch them up with a thick black marker if need be :)

And lastly after the bars (gotta wait til the GF's at work) Imma hit the chrome headlight. I've been researching how to PC chrome and opinions vary, so I formed my own by expirement, looks good to me.

Last edited:

Dr.Landau

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks man, if the bars are straight , its only off a touch, I can live with that.

I'd just have to shorten the speedo mount, since I PC'd that already Im in no hurry.

Gonna replace the bearings soon and hit the triple with the ole black magic, if it bothers me enough I'll make the change, but as it stands now Im quite satisfied with the minor imperfection. Hell, life is full of em.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks man, if the bars are straight , its only off a touch, I can live with that.

I'd just have to shorten the speedo mount, since I PC'd that already Im in no hurry.

Gonna replace the bearings soon and hit the triple with the ole black magic, if it bothers me enough I'll make the change, but as it stands now Im quite satisfied with the minor imperfection. Hell, life is full of em.

Aha! I just realized that headlight is mounted to frame and doesn't turn with the bar. Neat!

Grim Chemical

MasterDebater
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I've just recently completed the FZ6N Conversion and find myself much much happier with it. I am in the market for someone to fabricate me a speedo bracket that fits the stock gauge cluster and offsets it to the right of the ignition. You'll see in the pics. Anyway List of mods:

Supersprox 520 Chain conversion kit (+2/-1): $230
Two Brothers M2 V.A.L.E. Aluminum: $840
Two Brothers TOP TUNE KIT: $430 INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING
Juicebox Pro (LOVE IT)
P1 Tips (not installed)
P1X Tips (mailed to forum member gratis because I didn't need them)
KN High Flow Filter

Aztec8 7" Round Black single headlight kit: $208
Aztec8 Bar end mirrors (IN MAIL NOW):$58
Aztec8 Front LED SIGNALS (IN MAIL NOW):$35

And I have a PUIG Double Bubble Dark Smoke windscreen that is of course NO LONGER NECESSARY!!!!!! (didn't like it anyway) :$45

GRAND TOTAL: $1846 over the past year or so. (My wife asks me how much I've saved...I just say "Isn't that a sexy bike honey?")

Much more to be done, but the bike is functional and much more attractive than I could have hoped for. I enjoy the "cafe style" headlight! and really, without that god awful front fairing, the stock bars don't look bad at all. Might still invest in some FZ1 bars though for shiggles. I dont think I'll be buying a little windscreen, I like the full naked look, I owned an SR500, I appreciate the machine, not the make-up...kinda like a robot girlfriend. (okay nevermind that one).

You'll notice that my mirrors are not installed, and that there is a lack of front signals, MOTOGIRO and I are troubleshooting my flasher issue right now via phone and e-mail and I have my mirrors in the mail. Will post more pics when I have everything installed. Here are some before and afters:

I'll have more today I'm sure.

Everyone here has some pretty outstanding bikes, Some of the headlights make me think your bikes are going to yell "AUTOBOTS ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!" I thank you all, especially the few guys I've talked to about conversions and just about anything else. I'll be posting all over the place more and more and I'll be looking for any and all input I can get.

Take it easy!

- GRIM CHEMICAL

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Aztec8 7" Round Black single headlight kit: $208
Aztec8 Bar end mirrors (IN MAIL NOW):$58
Aztec8 Front LED SIGNALS (IN MAIL NOW):$35

LOVE IT! I think it'll look absolutely badass with clipons and bar ends mirrors.. complete the cafe racer look! Looks great as is though! :thumbup:

Donnie_D

Reaction score
Visit site
I've done the Buell headlight set up a while ago. I think this is the best mod I've done so far. I dont recall the price exactly but I paid around 200$ for the headlight and fairing from a HD parts website. Also bought some simple fork mounts off ebay and mounted the light and stock signals on that.

Other mods:

bar end mirrors (motrax-napoleons)
removed rear hugger
reflective wheel stripes
two brothers CF cans
bar snake installed for vibration
painted forks
uncaged frame sliders
painted radiator covers

my advice to anyone: Buell headlight has great light output. If you do the naked conversion take this into consideration. Many streetfighter lights have very poor output (speaking from experience).

"McLovin", man I love this 2 headlight naked version. Probably the best I've seen so far. Excellent job. I got a 2009 FZ6 and want to do the same. I know you did it some time ago, but would you mind listing some more specifics and all the parts i'll need to do the same mod (i.e. buell headlight type, bracket type, windshield, etc)? if you have any website links to get the parts would be awesome. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Grim Chemical

MasterDebater
Reaction score
Visit site
LOVE IT! I think it'll look absolutely badass with clipons and bar ends mirrors.. complete the cafe racer look! Looks great as is though! :thumbup:

I think I'm gonna try those Blackbird clip ons that everyone is talking about. I will have to find them, if you know a good paypal site (anyone?) where I can get them I will definitely give them a shot. Here's some pics with my AZTEC 8 Bar End Mirrors installed. Love that site.

Bakchos

Yamahaha
Reaction score
Visit site
here is mine, 1st pictures stock, and the last one is how it is now.

ee.jpg

After the headlight mod

IMG_3862.jpg

then black headers, black exhaust cover, fender eliminater.

005-1.jpg

and now the latest with black forks with a future rider.

26062011005.jpg